Array
    Status
    Atwater ca
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4D55-T

1982 4wd D50 new guy here need a little help

hi i love my little truck its bad ass and just goes it never dies or have issues it just rolled over 500.000 miles and far as i know the only thing thats been done to it is the oil and spark plugs cap brakes but i don't think any of the 3 members or transfer case or transmission have never been touched and im did a pre smog and it need a cat and a EGR valve now i got the cat but cant find a EGR valve and i need on bad please help the diaphragm is bad have to replace the hole thing
    Screen shot 2014-02-22 at 4.53.46 PM.jpgScreen shot 2014-02-22 at 4.57.39 PM.jpg

Array
    Status
    pennington gap,va
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    i dont know where i live there is no smog test,ps looks like mine i have an 82 4x4 also but im pretty sure mine has single headlamps sorry i
    couldnt be of any help ive heard of people using denatured alcohol to pass smog but i do not condone any illegal activities.

Array
    Status
    Sparta Tn
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I am also new. just bought a 85 ram 50 has 2.6 5 speed 4x4 has 123k on motor . what motor how do i know what motor i have? my trans is making a lot of noise in 1st 2nd 3rd and 5th. i can buy a new tranny and transfer case from the guy i bought the truck from but id rather have it rebuilt and know i have a good strong tranny is it hard to rebuild these and what would it cost

Array
    Status
    pennington gap,va
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    sounds like you may have a worn pilot bearing or pressure plate or worn out springs in your clutch im not really an expert and its hard for me to
    diagnose over the computer also there is a section on this site with pdf format shop manuals they may come in handy if you decide to fix anything yourself

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    No that is bad bearings in the tranny and a worn end plate - common on these trannies. Parts are readily available, and not expensive.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Engine code is on a plate on firewall, 99% of the time. Plus you answered your own question...2.6L

Welcome to the forum everyone.