Array
    Status
    Calcium, NY
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

318 EFI in my 89 D50

Got me a slight issue, I dumped a whole lot of money into my truck at a "local" shop. I didn't do my homework to see who was actually doing the work. Anyhoo needless to say I got a small block installed fast little truck but I can't steer the damn thing. What they did was swapped control arms driver to passenger and vice versa. I'm guessing they did this to get the steering in the front, well it doesn't work. I'm thinking if I swap em back to where they belong and get a different oil pan I "should" be good. Any ideas as to what pan I should be looking for or should I make one myself. If I had the time I would of done the swap myself but job doesn't give me much free time.

Array
    Status
    Calcium, NY
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    After looking through my past post I see I already did one about this. But now is time to get dirty and start working on my truck again. I got a boat load of money that I wanna spend.

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Billy. Welcome! I JUST dropped my 89 1-ton long bed off to get the motor centered and mounts made!!
    Mine is a '95 Grand Cherokee 5.2 Magnum motor with a NV3500 trans.

It's funny how we (the fabricator and I) were just talking about what people do to "make" things work.. (well, kinda)
    You'll have to swap all the parts back to the correct sides, and depending on oil pan clearances, swap in a 'rack' and get
    rid of stock steering box.
    I'm going to try this route, and use a 3:1 rack from an older Honda civic that I've got, or go 'yardin' and look for a rear-steer rack.

I'd LOVE to see your drivers side engine to steering and booster clearance pics.. I've gotten rid of my booster and will be using (or trying) a GM, Corvette style, dual port master along with a 7" dual diaphragm booster. (not mounted yet)
    The stock magnum manifold looks like it would be pointing right at the box.

I'll pm you.
    Errol

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Can I get on your boat? Maybe go fi$hing?

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Dodge V8
    ....?

E