Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Cool New owner in Everett,wa

I just bought my D50 about 4 hrs ago. I got it from a little old lady...really. I was looking for a 4x4, but when I looked at this one in nearly perfect condition. I was sold. 4x2 1988 2.0l 5 speed. I got the original purchase receipt from Colorado ($7200) , and A stack of receipts for all work done, including maintenance. Also factory service manuals.

There is some oil at the rear of cyl head,I hope isn't Head gasket. And the tires are old. Other wise I am excited to own such a nice little truck. I am sure I will have questions, once I own it for a while.

John

Array
    Status
    Meridian, Idaho
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the forum. Nice sounding little truck! We're all a sucker for a good picture, you should get around to posting some.
    What do you mean by oil at the rear of the head? Seepage leaking down the backside of the motor? Moisture on the valve cover? Pull the valve cover and see it in the head? Fill us in on the details and we'll see what advice we can give ya.
    Your truck is the same Year/Make/Model as bradMPH's... He's completely rebuilt and revived his truck. You should check out his thread. its a fun read.
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ebuild-Replace

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    And yet another Washingtonian, we almost have enough to form a committee and change some laws.

Welcome to the forum, There is none better.
    You might check the half round rubber grommet gasket that sits between the valve cover and head back there. Sometimes these get hard and loose their seal. Also if there is a lot of oil, do a good cleaning of engine and watch for fresh leaking the next few days. Sounds like something easy to fix, unless it a rear main seal, but those leak into trany and out drain hole on bottom of trany. Most likely yours is valve cover related.
    Head gaskets rarely leak just oil like that outside. They will spit water out first before oil or anything.

Mine is an '86 Truck, I thought Mandle knew this...
    Last edited by BradMph; 01-13-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Sounds like a nice find, you have complete history on the truck, that's awesome in itself.

Array
    Status
    EVERETT,WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks for the welcome. Yes the leak is at the back of the cylinder head. There is fresh tracks where it is running down the head,trans, etc. I sure hope it isn't coolant washing the grime off. I plan on degreasing the engine, and adding some dye to the oil. For the UV light.
    I also realized the heater control doesn't seem to change much between def- floor-vent, not much fan pressure. But lots of noise. Time for some research.