Thread: 4.3 V6 Chevrolet Mercruiser Multi Port Fuel Injection

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Well I was ready to set it on so I got online to get the torque sequence and ran across a trouble shoot my vehicle.
    Another one of those oh well crap, these GM intake gaskets don't last and eventually start leaking antifreeze as the Edelbrock I took off shows signs off weeping.
    Now FelPro has redesigned it.
    image_3.jpg
    Old style, the kind I bought of course. I just can't not upgrade.
    image_2.jpg

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V6
    One bump in road after another, I got the new style of Feel Pro intake gasket. After much reading Victor Reinz gaskets are suposively used in GM engines and they are much llike the old Fail Pro old style with a different material and a metal shim in the bolting area to help prevent over torqing.
    My new bump is the stock hard fuel lines, the feed OD is .318 and the return is .256 while the fuel rail is 3/8 (.375) and the return is 5/16 (.312)
    I do have Russel quick connects and 3/8 red horse braided line which fit the intake but the trucks line the shoulder is further down about 1/4".
    The feed line fuel pressure will have about 90 to 100 psi.
    Any suggestions are more than welcome.
    Last edited by Rickdees; 07-23-2016 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Picture up side down.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that was some bump - it flipped the truck over on its roof...lol
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    that was some bump - it flipped the truck over on its roof...lol
    That's odd I deleted the upside down post and rotated it on my LG G8 tablet and re posted and it was still upside down.
    Took my Iphone out and took two more and reposted. Still upside down? Deleted.
    I'm thinking all new 3/8 and 5/16 lines but I believe the stock fuel lines are large enough, but I'm guessing?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    never hurts to have larger lines for more volume - you have to feed them horses somehow...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdees View Post
    That's odd I deleted the upside down post and rotated it on my LG G8 tablet and re posted and it was still upside down.
    Took my Iphone out and took two more and reposted. Still upside down? Deleted.
    The Forum is upside down Rick, lol.

I went all 3/8 Aluminum lines on Ford TBird 302 for Edelbrock 4bl. Found tubing on Amazon and loaned out a pipe expansion tool for the hose ends from O'rielly's Auto Parts Store for free.

The original line was that vinyl stuff with the ford snap together pressure ends. I didn't trust the stuff after 30 years old.
    Last edited by BradMph; 07-24-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    The Forum is upside down Rick, lol.

I went all 3/8 Aluminum lines on Ford TBird 302 for Edelbrock 4bl. Found tubing on Amazon and loaned out a pipe expansion tool for the hose ends from O'rielly's Auto Parts Store for free.

The original line was that vinyl stuff with the ford snap together pressure ends. I didn't trust the stuff after 30 years old.
    Yeah I thought that also the rest of the world is. Most auto parts don't supply fuel line tubing much longer 6 ft, how long is from Amazon?
    I will look.
    I am and always will be worried about fuel leaks, especially 90 to 100 psi. Everyone trust AN fittings, they do make 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8" tubing adapters with the brass collar that squeezes the tubing as you tighten the nut. But not sure if they'll squeeze the metrIc tubing or wont be able to get the collar over it?
    Give or take about $100 for just the fittings and quick connects at intake to firewall which I do want. This morning I pulled out the fuel pump, apparently AirTex isn't as worried as I am, look at their hose fittings.

Should I worry?
    Look the picture, it's right side up!
    My edit? much later after researching the cost and taking in consideration what Pennyman1 and what you said Brad about aluminum fuel tubing is not that expensive and I was thinking to myself, why would I entertain the thought of a leak or needing more fuel?
    I'm going with 3/8 feed and 5/16 return back to the stock 0.318 tubing on the tank.
    Thank you both for your ##input
    Last edited by Rickdees; 07-24-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12