Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

replacing fuel injection with carb

Hello. I have a 1995 MM with the fuel injection system. Can that be converted to carburetor? Are there any performance cams for this engine?

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    It can be done but why? and no, not unless you have it made..i.e. regrind. There is no aftermarket for the 4G64 SOHC, gotta convert to a 4G63 DOHC head to get aftermarket parts.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Do you want to have to sit in driveway and warm up the truck while its being choked so it can drive without bucking and jumping? The fuel injection allows it to start an run, among several other computer analysis performed to keep the truck running at it best.
    Maybe a turbo if they make one for your truck or what Mike mentioned with or without a turbo would be a better modification then reverting backwards to a carb.

You say you have a 1995 Mighty Max, but your profile says you have a 1987 G63B?...now I am confused, lol.
    The 87 g63b can be changed easier, but I think these already had carbs from factory.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Grab the whole top end off a G63B and regrind the cam. Smaller combustion chamber for the 2.0 head will raise compression a bit with the 2.4 bottom end.