Array
    Status
    Eldorado, ks
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G52

fuel questions

I finally got a carburetor, thanks to a frank eck. I don't know If he is on the forum, but thank you to him, It is a holley weber ford style carb, my question for those running aftermarket (everyone im sure) what are you using for fuel delivery? I pulled the old fuel pump out and couldn't even move the rod, so before spending the money on a new one I wanted to ask, thanks

Array
    Status
    Eldorado, ks
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G52
    also I noticed that the fuel inlet is way to close to the fuel pump, that's why I ask, and there is a spacer from the pump to the head, I didn't know if they were all like that

Array
    Status
    Meridian, Idaho
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Hey CPL. I'm far from an expert but I've done some reading on here so I'll share what I've learned
    BradMPH let me know that the weber carb I'm using is a bit of a fuel hog and I'll want to install an electical pump, as my mechanical one doesn't push what I'm going to want that carb to get. I'm assuming yours is similar. You can read about my carb in my build thread for my 1st gen. (http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...9-Build-thread)
    After choosing an E-Pump to use (if you go that route), It's generally recommended that it be installed down on the frame close to the tank, rather than up under the hood. Currently my 2nd gen is under the hood and I'm looking at relocating it soon. A fellow forum member created a fairly easy to install for such an idea. You can read about it and many other tidbits of information Here:
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...tric+fuel+pump
    Ready through the comments. Brad and Pennyman1 both have a lot of good information in there, as well as the OP

Array
    Status
    Eldorado, ks
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G52
    Thank you sir, I will definitely give em a read, I had planned on an electric pump myself, just looking at what others have done