Status
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Hey! First Time Owner 87' Ram 50

Hey guys/gals,

Well what can I say I am new to the Ram 50. I have previously owned a 1996 Honda Accord, 2004 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2001 Honda S2000, and a 2011 Chevy Silverado. I enjoy maintaining my own vehicles, as well as learning by doing when it comes to repairs. I picked up a 1987 Dodge Ram 50 2.0L 2WD w/ 118k miles in pretty good shape, ill post pictures below. I bought the truck as an A --> B mode of transportation, and to satisfy any needs of a pickup as I renovate my house. Since owning the truck (1 week) I have fell in love with it. This is the first time owning, operating, and maintaining a carbureted engine (minus the lawn mower), so I will be mining these forums to guide me along my journey. For the most part the truck is structurally, and mechanically sound. Since I have owned it I have noticed random high idles when starting it up in the morning (usually giving it some gas calms her down), and I found a slow leak of what seems to be power steering fluid coming from the top of the steering gear. Other than that the truck runs beautifully. And I should mention the more I sift through the forum and see what a lot of you have done with your trucks really makes me reconsider the A --> B concept! I look forward to getting to know all of you, and thanks in advanced for all the resources already in place.

-Justin
    IMG_0158.jpgIMG_0155.jpgIMG_0191.jpgIMG_0192.jpg
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Tough little trucks with a lot of potential for any direction you want to go. Notice the box frame? Don't see that too often on minis. Anyway, welcome.

I was raised on digital everything, too. All mechanical is a kick. Kind of a pain in the ass sometimes but its nice to be able to make adjustments with a screwdriver instead of pleading with the ROM to fix itself.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Another NC convert!!! Welcome to the club AND welcome to the sickness..... Next you will trolling the local junk yards for center consoles and other "Need Items" and mumbling to yourself about twin cam head installs!!

Array
    Status
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks guys!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle