Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Dodge V8

Exclamation ***Looking at a 92 4x4 need some good reviews***

Good evening guys.
    Well, my son is getting second thoughts of the "OLD" truck that I got for him.
    (it's an original 50K mile, 86 silver ram50 auto)
    Was getting rid of projects and making room to work on the 86 (go from auto 3spd to auto 4spd) and spruce things up while in there..

After he got his permit, his 'buddy's' mostly have newer full size trucks, but dont' want him in something that fast.
    So, i found a local selling a '92 4x4 5spd that's the electric blue (his fav) but it's got the 6g72, V6.

I need some honest reviews on the V6 engines and of course the 4x4 V6's.. Input bearings go after ____miles/ water pumps are a pain to change/ hubs wear out.. Stuff like that.
    It's a good deal for it's age and I'll be able to go take it for a ride and listen for any wild or abnormal noises.

Kinda need some quick responses since I'll be looking at it this weekend.

Thanks guys, and yes, I'll most likely be selling the 86 since I don't think that my other son will like it either..
    "don't know what you got 'till it's GONE"...
    One day it's gonna CLICK for them. ONE DAY!

Errol

Array
    Status
    Vista CA
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    It's a great motor as long as you take care of it, they have a habit of overheating if you don't keep the cooling system maintained. Mine has a 172 thousand on it Iv'e never changed the hubs, put two waterpumps in it, two clutches, two timing belts a set of heads and i had to have the block decked. This past summer it cracked both heads and I had the whole motor apart so it got a bunch of new stuff and the hardest thing to find was the correct lifters and new hoses OReilly didn't have any hoses in stock i had to order them from rock auto. I'm not quite sure what your definition of a pain is for me working on it is easy but i have had it apart so many times i know it like the back of my hand lol. If you have the tools time and patience it isn't too bad. There is quite a bit that has to come off to change the waterpump, timing belt, ect but if you take your time and make sure you know how it came apart you shouldn't have any problems. If you do buy it first thing i would do is get new hoses do a coolant flush and a new waterpump especially if its been sitting. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Dodge V8
    ......SOLD..

Oh, well.