Array
    Status
    Hawaii
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

What rims will fit?

I'm new to the forum...I have a question regarding rims that will fit my 91 dodge ram50 2wd. Is there any rims that will fit on my truck without boring the center hub. I'm not talking about custom rims, I'm talking about other makes of rims. For example (toyota rims, chevy rims, nissan, ETC.) I want to buy rims second hand due the fact that I'm on a tight budget. I will appreciate any help.

Array
    Status
    Atlanta GA
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Almost any 6 bolt pattern from Nissan, Toyota, Isuzu, etc, will fit with no modifications needed. I am currently running a set of 15x6 wheels from a late 80s Isuzu Trooper. Scored them off Craigslist for $80.

Previous owner had a set of aftermarket wheels on the truck that fit bolt pattern wise and center bore wise, but the offset was not correct. The wheels extended way out beyond the fender wells, and it made the steering squirrelly.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    the major issue is the center bore - 95 to 108 mm is what will fit without boring. Back spacing is another issue - stock backspacing is 4 1/2 to 5 inches - depending on wheel width, less back space pushes the wheel out past the fender. 87 or older GM truck 6 bolt wheels have the large center bore, but may not have the right offset.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Hawaii
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Okay...thanks for the info. ....what I'm trying to do is get me some 15 x10 rims and put on a 2/3 inch drop. I like the stocky wide look. Can anybody kind of guide me in to the right direction of buying the right rims with the right backspacing and offset(all I need is numbers, I don't expect anybody to browse the web for the right rims for me). I would like the tires to stick out but, Is two inches of drop too low that the tires will rub the top of the side fender or rub the fenders by the bed?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Do you really want the Hot Wheels look - that went out a long time ago, will beat the sides of the truck up, and may also be illegal in your area.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Yeah, I'm doing 15x10's on my 2nd gen and its deff going to have to have fender flares. These trucks do not lend themselves to wide wheels very easy. The hubs are almost at the fender line on then

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Also, if you find rims cheap enough, boring them isn't to bad. I paid $40 per rim, and I may have paid more than I should have. Sounds like people have paid less

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    15x10 may give you a steamroller look while screwing up handling (tramlining) and make steering feel unpredictable. My truck came with a set of 15x8 alloys that were wide but didn't look silly. Poked out from under the fender tastefully, like 1.5". Fitment was perfect and didn't come close to rubbing with a 2/2 drop. Personally I like steelies and skinny tires so I took 'em off.

Array
    Status
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Array
    Status
    College Place, WA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Has anyone tried rolling the fender lip in? I have been thinking of doing this for awhile so I can run a wider wheel closer to the fender without cutting into the tires. I really like the wide tight look.

Array
    Status
    College Place, WA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I just saw the post from fordsubishi where he rolled in his fenders. looks really good. pg6 of the build.