Array
    Status
    Oregon
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B

94 clutch lever problems

So my 94 2wd 5 speed has been wonderful for the year that I've had it. About 2 months ago the clutch release lever(?) The part the clutch cable connects to with the counter weight, it broke. Just kind of ripped in half with no sign of issues leading up to it. Welded it, and lasted until about 5 hours ago. Has anyone ran into this problem before? Or know a cause? And have any idea where I might be able to buy a new lever? I work at a dodge dealership but pretty sure when I looked this up last time that lever was discontinued through us. I don't believe I could talk the wrecking yard into dismantling one of there 5 speeds for just that lever. Any help is very much appreciated. I'm also on my phone for this and searching for answers was difficult and didn't seem to turn up much so I do apologize if this has been discussed before.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Yes, it is a common problem for quite a few people(although I've never had it happen in the 10+ years I've owned these trucks even with a stiff turbo pressure plate). People either weld them back up and reinforce them or get another used one. Not sure if they sell them still, everything for these trucks has been discontinued, but the parts can still be found if your persistent enough. Also you'll have better luck finding parts through Mitsubishi.

Array
    Status
    Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Yes, it is a common problem for quite a few people(although I've never had it happen in the 10+ years I've owned these trucks even with a stiff turbo pressure plate). People either weld them back up and reinforce them or get another used one. Not sure if they sell them still, everything for these trucks has been discontinued, but the parts can still be found if your persistent enough. Also you'll have better luck finding parts through Mitsubishi.
    Good news! The parts were still available through Mitsubishi so that made it fairly easy. He mentioned the seals get worn out and cause it to start pulling unevenly. So those are getting replaced too. Thank you for the quick response!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Good to know, and I might just have to order one anyways and get rid of this 25+ year old lever before I put my tranny back into my truck and have it snap when I'm driving. Do you have the part number, and a price?

Array
    Status
    Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Good to know, and I might just have to order one anyways and get rid of this 25+ year old lever before I put my tranny back into my truck and have it snap when I'm driving. Do you have the part number, and a price?
    The lever is MD731448
    The seal is MD70285 x2

Tonkin, the dealer I bought them through, had a list price around 58 for the shaft and like 3.50 for the seals.