Array
    Status
    Winter Park, Florida
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Power Steering Pump - 92MM 2.4 4G64

Looking to get a new Power Steering Pump for my 2.4MM. I would like to get one that will last a while, preferably a nicer one than an OEM replacement, but I totally understand if there isnt much in the way of options. What can you guys recommend?

Also, if you have any tips for fixing dethreaded holes, that would be great. On the mount for the power steering pump, it has the three bolts on the inside and the one on the front. Two of the inside ones have stripped the holes. With the one thats left and the front one still good, it holds tight, but I am afraid to leave it like that for much longer. :/

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    My remedy for stripped out threads is to cut new threads the next size larger. Having a metric tap and die cutting set and can of cutting fluid has been very handy for me. Our local hardware store has a board with labelled nuts and bolts to check for the right sizes and I just go from there.
    1990 MM 4x4 3.0
    1991 MM 4x4 3.0 Diamonte
    1994 MM 2wd (work in progress)

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Just another remedy my mechanic used back in the day is Helicoil. http://www.helicoil.in/