Thread: 29" x 18.5" Hoosiers and a built 360 = FUN!

Array
    Status
    Doniphan, Nebraska
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

29" x 18.5" Hoosiers and a built 360 = FUN!

Just found this forum. Figured I'd show y'all what I been up to with my 89 Ram 50. Paid $100 for it. It was a Midas shop truck.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Fresh built Dodge 360 with a 727 TF. 4-link with a narrowed 8-3/4" rear end. 29" x 18.5" Hoosiers on 15" x 15" Centerline Warriors. 6 point cage. Won't be long and the beast will be on the road.

laine

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Don't forget to put a pillow behind your head when you drop the peddle on that truck, lol. Almost look like Mickey Thompsons they are so wide. Keep us up to date on that build, looks like it's going to be fun exactly. Welcome to the forum

Here is something to look at if you want. Another members truck, Pro street.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=322
    Chev 355cu.in. 480hp. Holley/Barry Grant 750, MSD Ign. Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, Phase 3 Bow-tie 2.02 Angle Plug Heads, 10:1 Comp, Dana 44 Posi, Turbo 350 w/ Stage 2 Shift kit, Line Locks, Complete Braided Stainless Fuel lines, Sumped Tank, Systems 1 Fuel Filter, Mallory 140 gph Pump, Barry Grant Carb Connector, Fuel PSI Gauge, Hooker Headers, Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers, Auto Meter Tach w/Shift Light, Electric Water Pump, 2 Core Alum. Radiator, Flexlite Twin 12" Electric Fans, Tranny Cooler Under Bed w/Remote Fan, Mickey Thompson 26x10x15 ET/Drag Slicks, High Torque Mini Starter, Driveshaft loop, Single Wire Alternator, Hood is Completely Louvered. Won 1st Place at P.I.R. Pro Bracket Drags. Runs 7.6 seconds in 1/8 mile. For Sale to someone who will appreciate it! $28k invested sell for $11,000. 928-2o8-522 four

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Dude that is awesome! You gotta post a video once you get it running.

Array
    Status
    Eastman, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Don't forget to put a pillow behind your head when you drop the peddle on that truck, lol. Almost look like Mickey Thompsons they are so wide. Keep us up to date on that build, looks like it's going to be fun exactly. Welcome to the forum

Here is something to look at if you want. Another members truck, Pro street.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=322
    Chev 355cu.in. 480hp. Holley/Barry Grant 750, MSD Ign. Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, Phase 3 Bow-tie 2.02 Angle Plug Heads, 10:1 Comp, Dana 44 Posi, Turbo 350 w/ Stage 2 Shift kit, Line Locks, Complete Braided Stainless Fuel lines, Sumped Tank, Systems 1 Fuel Filter, Mallory 140 gph Pump, Barry Grant Carb Connector, Fuel PSI Gauge, Hooker Headers, Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers, Auto Meter Tach w/Shift Light, Electric Water Pump, 2 Core Alum. Radiator, Flexlite Twin 12" Electric Fans, Tranny Cooler Under Bed w/Remote Fan, Mickey Thompson 26x10x15 ET/Drag Slicks, High Torque Mini Starter, Driveshaft loop, Single Wire Alternator, Hood is Completely Louvered. Won 1st Place at P.I.R. Pro Bracket Drags. Runs 7.6 seconds in 1/8 mile. For Sale to someone who will appreciate it! $28k invested sell for $11,000. 928-2o8-522 four
    Thats cool and all, but I can't help but to think that ruined it by using Bow-tie parts in a "Dodge" Ram 50. yes we know its really just a re-badged MM, but come on at least keep it mopar... SMH

Array
    Status
    Eastman, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Sorry, My Bad a "Plymouth" Arrow..... either way if you gonna sup it up, Mopar all the way or go home. LOL

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    lmao, I like Dodge (mopar) Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and he just built what he felt comfortable with doing.

Array
    Status
    Doniphan, Nebraska
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Finished the rear axle, motor mounts and trans mount last week. Had to make mounts, weld them in, make brake lines, install new wheel cylinders, shoes and all new hardware. Put the axles back in and buttoned it all up. Today was install the fuel cell and make fuel lines. Got that done.

Tomorrow the new seats and harnesses should arrive, along with the B&M shifter and a few other parts. Slowly but surely.

laine

Array
    Status
    NW mississippi yall
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Dodge V8
    What did you come up with for motor mounts?
    I started out with trying to fit a 283/200r4, and cut the original ones from frame.
    Then decided on a magnum 5.2/NV3500 and HOPEFULLY be dropping in to align stuff up this week or next..

Pics would help lots.
    Thanks E

Array
    Status
    Doniphan, Nebraska
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    I made the mounts out of 1/8" steel. Here's a picture.... Added gussets and finish welded them after this pic.
    Attached Images