I decided that I would finally get around to painting my exhaust manifold's shield this weekend/week. Only took about a day or so.

Here is a pic of the shield I started with. The old paint wasn't the correct kind, not nearly high enough heat threshold. Also, the bolts were crappy ones from Home Depot.

Before.jpg

I almost solely used my angle grinder with a wire brush attachment to strip the old paint and oil residue off. I gave it a good cleaning with oil and grease remover and a scotchbrite pad.

Stripped.jpg

I used 3 layers of high heat spray paint in white. The can says from 1300-2000 degrees. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will. Also picked up some high heat bolts and washers from Ace, the helpful place. They look nice against the white I think.

After Close.jpg
After Wide.jpg

So what do yall think? I am very pleased with the end result. I wanted to put my last name much larger and in a cool font, but it proved to be much more difficult than I anticipated. So I gave up and just did it real small in Sharpie. If it messes over time, I still have the can of paint. Ill just strip it and go again. No biggie.