Array
    Status
    Prior lake, mn
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

88 mighty max drift suspension question

I bought a 88 mighty max and my plan is too convert to a drift truck, but I gotta stiffen it up, what's there out there that I can do to it? Any other stuff fit in it that's readily available

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Sky is the limit with these trucks. It depends on how much money and time you want to spend on it.

4G63T fits. G54BT fits. Chevy S10 coilovers and Caltracs or fiberglass drag leafs can be made to fit. Any rear link suspension can fit. 2 kinds of LSDs, OEM and aftermarket, fit. Montero rear disks fit. One member of this board made a front BBK using Mitsubishi parts. The frame is fully boxed so you don't need to do much stiffening there.

This board is a good resource, so is Project Zero G and Hot Rod Coffee Shop. Go through the old board archives, too, using the Google search at the top of the forum.

And post pics of your truck in the Introductions forum.

Welcome!

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    that's so funny that you said that about coilovers!! i have been looking at the QA1 coilovers for the S10 for a while now. i know our trucks use the same procomp toxic shock number 419500 as the S10's so that means the two have to have the same shock mounting type. QA1's are a bit pricey thou at $450 a set for the fronts

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    There's also company out of Minnesota called Viking that makes a competing set of S10 coilovers. Around $950 for a full set, but they're U.S. made, have adjustable damper and are rebuildable (IIRC).

Even two types of torquey diesel engines are pretty much a direct fit. The older non intercooled 4D55T which according to the diesel guys can easily modded to put out 300hp and gobs or torque. And the more modern 4D56T which has an intercooler and has been modded to run 10s in Thailand.

A drift truck lighting up tires and blowing black smoke coming around a corner would be pretty b.a.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    There was a mighty max drift truck several years ago that had its own lil site...... drifttruck.com er something. I went to look for it but couldn't find it

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    there is still video's of it floating around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuQzf_oV7Lw

just look up "whiplash drift truck"