I've had a couple members ask me if I can build a bolt-on turbo kit for the 2.4 MM. The answer is YES.
The ultimate question is "Who else would be interested?"
Reason I am asking is because a single bolt-on turbo kit with a warranty would run just shy of $4K shipped. That's more than most people want to pay, and I understand that. With enough buyers, I can drive the price down significantly because buying bulk material and building it all at once is much cheaper for me to do instead of trying to schedule a few kits to be built at different times.
Here is what the turbo kit would include:
- 304 Stainless Steel Tubular Manifold (USA made, Lifetime Warranty)
- Turbonetics T04E-.48 (small T3/T4)
- 8 PSI wastegate
- Bolt-on 304 Stainless 2.5" down pipe (USA made, Lifetime Warranty - bolts directly from Turbo to MM cat)
- 3" aluminum intake with MAF adapter and BOV recirculation port (USA made, Lifetime Warranty)
- 2.5" aluminum intercooler piping 100% bolt-on to your truck (USA made, Lifetime Warranty)
- Type S BOV for recirculating (includes BOV recirculation hose to eliminate idle fumbling)
- Front mount intercooler with brackets for bolting to the MM
- 5 layer silicone couplers (your choice of color)
- Stainless steel T-bolt clamps
- Boost gauge
- All necessary hardware for installation.
There will be very mild trimming and cutting involved to fit the intercooler and piping, but it is a completely bolt-on system otherwise. Instructions will also be included as well as a dedicated line for tech support.
If you have a carby by G63, we can build the turbo kit to fit as well. You will need to source a few extra parts (PM or post for details).
I can offer pricing as follows
2 kits - $3,200 shipped each
4 kits - $2,700 shipped each
6 Kits - $2,200 shipped each
7+ kits - $2,000 shipped each
If there are more than 10, I can probably get them below $2k. Turn around time will vary based on the amount of buyers, but generally speaking, first kits would ship out 2-4 weeks from date of deposit. They generally take 3-7 days to arrive after final payment has been received.
While this is a 100% bolt-on kit, you will need to source additional components for tuning and what not. Larger injectors, fuel pressure regulators, piggy back management systems, etc. may need to be used. There are dozens of ways to modify your tuning from mild to very extreme. It all depends on your tuner. 8 PSI in the performance world is considered "safe boost" to a NA engine. The better tuning you add, the more it can take. I know these engines can take a bunch of boost without modding internals.
In addition, this will need to be completed BEFORE I perform my engine swap. The reason is because I am using my truck as a jig to ensure 100% fitment with every kit. After the swap, I will need to find another truck if people were interested. That would translate into even more money for each kit.
This is just an info post. Expressing interest does NOT obligate you to buy, and I will not hassle you like a commissioned salesman. If you would like more info, please post here or PM me directly for more info.