Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Weber jetting

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Weber for my '88. That old Mikuni just started sucking fuel and the choke stayed on forever. I got the K614 conversion kit that comes with the 32/36 DFEV carb. My exhaust is stock with the exception of a Pacesetter header. I have to keep the cat for emissions. Before I start the installation I wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on the jetting. I've read somewhere that the jets that come with the carb run too rich and would like to start out with the right ones.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    WTG Andy, you'll love the weber performance much better. Jetting should be ok, you won't know until it is installed and you do a mixture setting. Then count your turns on the screw. This will tell you what you need. Elevations are what mostly determine a jet change before install. 2000 feet and above might have to drop one size. I 'd wait until it is on truck and setup at it's best and see how many turns in or out you had to go.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I agree with BradMPH - put it on and try it before you rejet it - it may run fine.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    ok, I'll put it on and see how it is. I got the Carter fuel pump mounted in the meantime and just need to figure out where to power it from as well as the choke. Seeing as the ECM is no longer of any use, would the power source for it work for the pump relay?

Array
    Status
    Vanessa, Ontario
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Ok, I got the Weber installed and what a difference. I would have gotten it done sooner but I decided to get rid of that jet valve head and put a new one on from Clearwater Cylinder Head. The truck had been using coolant without any leaks for quite a while so I figured it must have been burning it. Cylinder #3 looked a lot cleaner than the others so I'm guessing there was a small crack there. I'm impressed by how much better it runs now and how easy the carb is to work on. Both screws ended up being where the instructions say they should be. Also, there were two 12v wires in the Mikuni carb wiring harness that only came on with the ignition.