Array
    Status
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Carb/idle woes

Hi everyone, my name is Mark and I'm the proud owner of an 89 Ram 50, 2wd, standard cab/bed with the 2.0 "powerhouse" engine. The old girl is giving me carb problems...she dies when she returns to idle after about 1,200 rpm's. I'm pretty limited on funds so any help with troubleshooting would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    give more specifics on what you have tackled & other "eye brow raising indicators"...does it blow black smoke til warmed?....could be choke needs to be adjusted to open sooner by 1 tooth (screws face towards the firewall, use stubby phillips to access bracket, careful not to lose spring)...this fixed my rough idle/smoking issue on the 1983 4wd...chokes are overrated. the choke plate opens slowly and in conjuction with the temp rise where is the temp guage when fully warmed? should initially go up slightly above half then stay slightly below half (may have worn/wrong thermostat..."the" mitsubishi manual says should be 88c/190f or more...must have a "jiggle valve" on thermostat to allow antifreeze to pass & get to wax element in carb so choke will open). new plugs?...check the condition now & after making adjustments/changes to aid in monitoring better fuel economy & performance...& on this forum we love pics!

Array
    Status
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks for the elaboration Ragtime. I'll get some more specifics and a pic up. I've put another post in the tune up section forum...maybe that info is a little more specific.
    Thanks!