Array
    Status
    Meridian, Idaho
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Newby from Idaho

Hey I'm pretty new to the forum. I had an 80 d 50 that I did nearly nothing to and sold it thinking I wanted a bigger truck. Big mistake. Now I'm proud new owner of an 84 with a 2.6. Previous owner blew a head gasket and parked it. A neighbor picked some pieces off it so my first month of ownership has been hunting down things like driveline, mounting brackets (alt, rad, steering column etc) and a carb. I've got a new head (no jet valves), a new 32/36 weber carb and am starting to piece it all back together. I look forward to keeping it and enjoying having a good little commuter. Pictures to come!

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Funny how often that comes up on this site - the regret bug. They are a great little truck that is more than worthy of a second look if you're in the market for an old school 80's ride. Bigger ain't always better. Good luck with getting it back on the road soon SFB

Array
    Status
    Glenwood Springs, CO
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Everybody has always tried to convince me to sell my '91 D50... I know I'd regret it if I did even with all the problems she's been having she's my project truck and I'll have her as long as possible. Best of luck to ya!

Array
    Status
    Meridian, Idaho
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Yah I've noticed that trend through reading other's posts and I can assure you, I won't make that mistake again. In fact tomorrow I'm going to look at a 2nd gen that I may add to my garage soon!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    We have owners that have owned their trucks for over 30 years. Think about that for a second young folks, it's maybe before you were even born! I have owned my 1986 MM since 1987, so you all can do the math. I would hate to sell my truck because now it has history with myself and I know every inch of it from tires to sunroof. Every spot, nick, wear mark is mine. It has been more faithful to me then friends or family or any relationship could possibly be. She has only broke down on the road twice in the time I have owned her. First time was an exploded timing belt that literally melted inside the timing cover, no fault of hers I just didn't know the belts were rubber until then, duh. Second time, the lower fan belt pulley bolt somehow backed off while driving and fell out, catching on something on the way out and tried to stop the engine. It caused the crankshaft key to embed itself into the lower timing belt sprocket and timing plate, plus stretched both timing belts. Not a bad record when you consider it is just a piece of metal slapping against metal and covering thousands of miles of roadway.

Give it up? Only from my cold dead hands you will. truckin.jpg