Array
    Status
    Glenwood Springs, CO
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

Angry 91 Dodge Ram 50 transfer case Helppp

So I am working on my gf's 1991 Dodge Ram 50. The transfer case went out and we ordered one online to replace it with. I am currently in the middle of an attempt to drop the tc. Heres where I am, rear driveshaft is dropped. All 6 bolts are disconected. All wiring is disconnected as well. I read that there is a rod that the shifting cup is attached to that runs from tc to transmission. I believe this same rod is preventing me from removing the tc. I am oblivious as to how to get this rod out of the way. I managed to punch one of 2 pins. The one that I have punched was holding the shifter cup in place. The other appears to be in the transmission itself. Will post pics as soon as I can. I am hoping I do not have to drop the tranny. Doin it ourselves because we dont have the funds to take to a mech in the area.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Josh, did you see our Manuals section on our forum site? Your welcome to check them out and even download an entire manual for your vehicle. This is encase you have none or even want another brand. This may help during the short wait that may occur until you get your answer. Usually within 24 hours someone will respond.

Glad to see you helping the gf. Some may seem not to care about this stuff, but when they cook dinner after a hard day working as a mechanic it makes it all good.

Welcome to the Forum.