Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Van Flex thru butterfly window!

charktee Guest

Le Van Flex thru butterfly window!

You must be a donator to list parts for sale.
    This will be your only warning.

this guy got baned by a mod, but I have allowed him back on for one reason only.
    What he has is hard to find.
    He is not a donator and we can not vouch for him or any part he may on may not have.
    But be warned, he shows his location in Sinajana,Guam
    any transaction you do with this person is totally on you.

He did not list a price he did ask for you to make an offer.
    This will be the only exception to the board rules just because of the rarity of the part.
    It looks to be first gen. We will see if he comes back. His PM will fill up fast on this one.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by camoit; 10-17-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Array
    Status
    oakley cali
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Hi do u still have the window? Do u have pics u can email to me? Thanks matt

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
    Hi do u still have the window? Do u have pics u can email to me? Thanks matt
    Ok this guy got baned by a mod, but I have allowed him back on for one reason only.
    What he has is hard to find.
    He is not a donator and we can not vouch for him or any part he may on may not have.
    This is his only and first post.
    But be warned, he shows his location in Sinajana,Guam
    But it could be worth the risk just for this one part.
    Last edited by camoit; 10-17-2014 at 11:37 PM.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

charktee Guest

hey sorry that this was my first and only post, i dont own a d50. the ONLY reason i joined this forum is to find someone who wants to buy my butterfly window. im from guam, no one here owns a d50 lol, its all nissans and toys here. i bought the window from a guy in cali thinking it would fit a 79 toy but it wont. anyways thanks for the interest guys .

charktee Guest

@mattman i cant find out how to message you on my phone.. can yiu message me so i can send you some more pics? thanks

Array
    Status
    oakley cali
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Give me a call or text 925 759 0469

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    be aware - that window wil sort of fit the 1st gen D-50s, BUT- the frame is not made correctly to fit in the lower corners and there will be about a 3/4 to 1" gap there, requiring alot of work to build out the frame. I would love to have the window, but I will not try and import it from Guam. That window is so fragile due to the thickness of the tempered glass that allows it to be able to bend, that I would be afraid that it will show up shattered. He PMed me about this window, but I have not responded yet.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    It's tempered glass not Plexi?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Yes tempered glass - they took them off the market after 1 year because they shattered so easy. Mine sat for years on the shelf of my garage because of the frame issue until I figured a way to fix it. I don't touch Geronimo's if the temp is below 40 degrees F. I know of 1 other guy in the Pittsburgh area that has one of these windows, but it is in a 1st gen s-10 with a Hottops removeable hardtop conversion. He even scrapped the white paint off of his - I wouldn't dare, as 1 nick and boom goes the window. Looking at the photos - the window latches are missing - without those, there is no way to hold out the window to bend it - its only good for parts.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Charktee. Do you have the hardware kit for it?

Pennyman1. can you post a pict of yours so people can see
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Here is 2nd Gen glass for comparison. Am I tripping or does it look damn close? Anyone have a pic of 1st Gen glass? Or even better 2nd Gen on top of 1st Gen to see the differences?

OP, do you have a part number or anything?

mighty max glass.jpg
    Last edited by noahwins; 10-18-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have pics in my gallery of the window and the latch assembly - you will see what is missing. I have never laid a 1st gen window against a 2nd gen one, but if I get over to where my 2nd gen is, I will compare and find out. I also PMed him about the missing hardware and the price - waiting for a response. The ad says he got it from someone in california, so this window has alot of travel miles on it without even being in a vehicle...
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by charktee View Post
    hey sorry that this was my first and only post, i dont own a d50. the ONLY reason i joined this forum is to find someone who wants to buy my butterfly window. im from guam, no one here owns a d50 lol, its all nissans and toys here. i bought the window from a guy in cali thinking it would fit a 79 toy but it wont. anyways thanks for the interest guys .
    Just for clarification,

You shipped the window from the continent to Guam ???

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    example.jpg

For what it is worth, here is a comparison if anyone would like to compare apples with oranges.

That part will have to go through customs to get to USA. It could sit in customs for 2 weeks if not properly manifest documented by the shipper. If I remember correctly there needs to be proper documentation posted on the package to let customs know exactly what is in the package or they will let it sit on a shelf waiting for inspection. (opened and examined for whatever they think might be inside.) Really need to follow the requirements for out of country parcels. Checking status on the shipment while in customs is almost impossible as well. They don't want to get any request unless it is like 3 months late from being received by person getting the package.
    Last edited by BradMph; 10-18-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Professional packaging (crating, actually), insurance and extra special handling service is a must for an item like this. Whoever gets it shouldn't let the OP do it himself on the living room floor with styrofoam peanuts and boxes from the recycling bin. Hire a pro to handle everything end-to-end. I'm sure there are lots of professional shippers on Guam. Will cost crazy amounts of dough to ship, but you have to pay the cost to be the boss.

With customs, Guam is a U.S. protectorate, right? What about sending it at a military PX?

charktee Guest

yes the window was shipped to guam from cali. was shipped in a box layered in a shit load of bubble wrap lol. the window does not come with the latches . if you are near cali , there are some old minitruckin stores that still have some old stock of windows and latches for toyota . the latches for every butterfly window is the same so you can use them from any kind of butterfly.

charktee Guest

also if anyone here has a butterfly window for any toy or nissan i will swap straight across.

charktee Guest

okay guys.. so far the best offer is 450 SHIPPED . im probably gonna give it another day or two and see what else gets offered . thanks .

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Hey Charktree, you have a 4G15 in a 1985 Dodge Ram 50? That's a SOHC 4G15 displaces 1.5 L (1,468 cc) with a bore and stroke of 75.5 mm x 82.0mm. How the heck does that engine move that truck, real slow lol? Could it be you made a typo because I am pretty sure your engine is a 2.0L or a 2.6L

charktee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Hey Charktree, you have a 4G15 in a 1985 Dodge Ram 50? That's a SOHC 4G15 displaces 1.5 L (1,468 cc) with a bore and stroke of 75.5 mm x 82.0mm. How the heck does that engine move that truck, real slow lol? Could it be you made a typo because I am pretty sure your engine is a 2.0L or a 2.6L
    bradmph, as i said above i dont own any dodgeram. i only joined the forum to try and sell my butterfly window.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by charktee View Post
    if you are near cali , there are some old minitruckin stores that still have some old stock of windows and latches for toyota . the latches for every butterfly window is the same so you can use them from any kind of butterfly.
    Is there a part number associated with the window anywhere? Any installation manual or documentation? Any old emails from the guy you bought it from?

What about insurance, Charktee, and which carriers are available to use? Whoever wins the auction, I suggest not cheaping out on packaging and shipping. Pay to do it right because you'll likely only get one shot at this in the lifetime of your truck.

Maybe Pennyman, Brad or Camo or one of the other OGs knows of the old minitruck stores (they still exist?) where the buyer can find the latches?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    LeVan.jpg

Here is an ad for one
    Now that babe sure looks 80's to me, lol
    Last edited by BradMph; 10-19-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I emailed california mini truck dismantlers to see if they still had any of these windows - a while back mini-truckin mag was gaga over one hanging on their wall. $450 without the latches is ridiculous - would be even with the latches. I paid less than $100 for it new in the mid 80's. He can keep it - way too much for too little.
    Pennyman1

charktee Guest

hey guys .. ive decided to just hold on to the window for now. but if anyone does come across any toyota/datsun/nissan/mazda buterfly window ill be willing to swap straight across . thanks guys.

charktee Guest

pennyman .. if you go to toyotaminis or ratsun forums these windows have gone upwards of 1400 easy. the toyotaminis store in cali charges 1600 PER complete butterfly window. but of course its only worth what someones willing to pay, its not gonna hold the same value to everyone . a lot of times i have also seen windows go for 5-800 back in the states. it really depends on what the persons willing to pay for . and if youre not willing ro pay for it then its obviously not for you. btw how much would YOU sell your complete window if "450 is ridiculous even if it was complete" lmao.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast