Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

seats

what do you guys have in your truck...besides the stock bench..if you have something else please post a pic and tell a little about what was involved to get the in there. I went to a few yards this weekend and looked at a ton of seats to swap the bench out...i really like the cavi seats with the head rest gone..had those in my s10 but i think they might be a little wide and mounting might be a pain. lets see them...

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Have eagle premier buckets with 6 way power in my 1980, and have a set of 6 way power leather seats from a Hyundai xg300 for my 86 ram 50 I paid 20 each for at the u pull it. Pics of the 1980 are in the gallery.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Where do I find the gallery? (Yeah, I'm dumb.)
    I need a few ideas for seats, too. I haven't decided if I'm going to have my bench re-upholstered, or replace it, but something needs to be done.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    at the top under "community", click that then click on albums

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I did, and it shows only recently updated albums. Do I need to do something different?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Huh - I thought that my gallery was there. I will reload it today.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Yea, it says recently updated albums, but there is like 3 pages of recently updated albums lol. I think everyone who has uploaded one should be there

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Don't have anything other than stock in mine, but I'd love to have a seat like this: http://www.discountvantruck.com/truc...braLowback.htm

Dunno if those people even still exist or anything about them, just found the seats via Google and fell in love (let alone if they have any that would fit).

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    if your looking for a split style bench, castironman from the old site had I believe a 60/40 split seat with armrest out of a dakota. But it looked good and fit well in his truck. If you can find some oem buckets for these trucks they are one of the most comfortable seats I've had the pleasure of sitting in. I had some jdm turbo2 rx7 seats in the isuzu for a while and they were paddy and comfortable too, but had big side bolsters and good holding power through turns. I also has a corbeau a4 seat for a little while too but it was a little thin on the bottom.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Here's the link to the pics from the old site:http://www.mightyram50.net/phpBB3/ga...hp?album_id=10
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks for the link.
    Those seats look great in that sweet ride of yours.
    I might be wrong, but it seems to me that wiring up power seats would be pretty simple.
    Was it?

Oh, and I love the Zaxxon shifter.
    I remember playing that game back in the day.
    If memory serves right, I sucked at it.
    Big time.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The power seats were real simple, I added an aux fuse panel tied to the battery and ran the power to the seats. It was a beast of a game to move too(Zaxxon). The handle is all metal, and I bushed the stub of the original shifter knob to fit, then drilled and bolted it.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    That's the route I would go, too, but everybody has different ways of doing things, so I thought I'd ask. Can't learn something new if you don't ask questions, right?

For right now, my seats will most likely stay the same. Damned lack of sufficient, or any, funds. I suppose we all can relate to that.

Yeah, my young mind had trouble with the whole "3-D" concept of that game. I would start out fine, but then it seemed like everything started running together. I no longer saw shapes; it was just a bunch of lines. Give me something like Galaxian, Gyruss, Galaga, hell, even good 'ol Pac-Man, and I'm fine. Zaxxon fudged with my head, and it shouldn't have.
    ...anyway, the joystick shifter looks great, and helps add to your truck's distinctive look. Thanks for sharing how you mounted it.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    It gives anyone the info they need to mount whatever they desire to the shifter for a knob. As a side note , I believe the shaft is threaded to a 12 x 1.5 thread, the same as the lug nut. As for the Zaxxon video game, it was a wierd perspective of trying to create a 3-d image on a 2-d screen. Other games did it much better, such as Tempest. but the real game changer (no pun intended) was Dragon's Lair - the first laser disc video game. The first one a route I worked on at the time put on location, a call came in 2 days after it was put in because the coin box was filled up to the top of the coin slots - over $1000 in quarters! Great concept, but the laser disc players they used couldn't survive the use and abuse of coin - op. Nowadays, that kind of animation is common everywhere.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    It's great info to have.
    I have a vague recollection of Tempest, and I never got to play Dragon's Lair, though I did get to see someone else play it. There just weren't too many arcades around here growing up, but there are a couple that are sort of close now.
    Over $1,000 in quarters - in two days - that's crazy.
    I've seen some of the abuse some of those machines take. Especially little snot-nosed brats climbing all over them like they're jungle gyms. Their parents are right there, but they don't say anything to them, unless little Jimmy falls off of a machine and cracks his skull open. Or he manages to get one to tip over and it lands on him. Ugh. But that's a rant for another time and place.
    Last edited by Stunner; 07-13-2011 at 12:42 AM.