Array
    Status
    Orange Park, FL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Alignment Issue

Been having a problem with the truck recently eating up tires. About 6 months or so ago I got a set of 4 new tires. Recently I noticed the outer shoulder of the tires were getting worn down a bit and the truck drove like it was on ice skates going down a wet road (dry wasn't so bad). There was a certain spot you had to have the wheel in to stay straight, other wise it would pull left or right really pretty bad.

So I did a tire rotation myself, and went to get another alignment. The tires that were on the rear still almost looked brand new, I would say about 85-90% tread left. After the new alignment, it rode good again.. until recently. Less than 2 weeks after my last alignment, my tires that were on the rear in good shape now look like this:

Passenger:

Driver:

It looks like my camber is way out on the positive side causing my truck to ride on the outer walls of the tire. The inner tread is what the whole tire looked like less than 2 weeks ago.

I'm getting a "new" set of rims tomorrow with some tires on them (not sure what condition they're in). So I'll be swapping these rims/tires out for them and then heading straight back up to the tire shop to get new tires (if I end up needing them) and another alignment. I've heard of people having a hard time keeping these trucks aligned properly, so I'm wondering if anyone else has been having this issue as well, and/or if anyone has a diagnosis or fix for this problem.
    Last edited by camoit; 07-06-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    - Jason
    1995 Mighty Max || FQuick | My Build Thread