Array
    Status
    Twin Cities MN
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G15

Combining a 1988 D50 and a 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max for a friends son

Hello gang. I am new to this site but not new to trucks or to D50's. I have had a 1988 2.0 5 speed 2wd for about 8 years. It was given to me by my best friend from high school who bought it brand new in Lancaster, CA. He was stationed there in the Air Force and it was his first new vehicle. After 150000 miles or so and many trips from Cali to MN without a radio or A/C it sat next to his garage for a couple years while he was driving his work truck and making a family. I told him if he ever got rid of it I wanted it. So I got the call and picked it up. I did a quick tune and cleaned it up and it drove and ran fantastically. I freaking loved it. It handled like a go kart. I put 17" Escalade wheels on it and drove it around for a while. I even borrowed it to my brother in Pueblo, CO. When I got it back I really made a bad decision. I decided to cut it up and make it 4 wheel drive with Dana 44 axles front and rear, leafs front and rear, an exo cage and 35" MTR's. It sat this way unfinished, un driven for several years. I even narrowed the front end and went up to 38" Swampers. I lost all motivation and pulled it outside where it sat for 2 years while I built a Toyota pickup. It has now come to the time for me to restore the truck so I can give it to his son who turns 16 next fall. I needed a donor truck, one without any rust and that had a complete body, frame etc. My brother found one in Canon City, CO and I called the owner, explained what I was going to do with it, agreed on a price and had a friend deliver it to me. It arrived today. I am very excited to get this truck ready and restored. I am building the blue truck as it is almost rust free and has a complete stock chassis. The front suspension has all new bushings etc. It will get the stock carbed 2.0 engine and 5 speed out of the silver one, both doors, the drivers side front fender and interior swapped over. It will be flat silver with a semi gloss black hood with 2 red stripes on the drivers side front fender. It is also getting 15" Toyota pickup wheels powdercoated black. I may lower it 2" with spindles and blocks. Here are the pics:acf2fa60-6bd4-4a6f-9658-26a40df322d6_zps75bf577b.jpgd748807c-8cd9-4974-996e-e1f3112e69eb_zpsa3c54806.jpgede6b74e-444d-42c2-b709-50f5eeb14b36_zpsac69dd08.jpge03727c8-d75b-4f46-8752-8210aaf34fce_zpsa0da38a4.jpg Normally I would put the pics in the story as they fit but this site doesn't seem to allow for that. Maybe it's a setting I am missing. Anyway, any feedback or input is appreciated. I am sure I will have many questions. Thanks

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    The ole dodge red striped fenders, nice choice of graphics. Simple but to the point. I thought about a pair of those on my MR2 but I have yet to do it. Anyway, welcome to the Mighty Ram50 forum. We can help with your questions and enjoy experienced answers. Thanks for posting images as well.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Nice truck and welcome. Any questions just ask

Array
    Status
    Twin Cities MN
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G15
    Whoa, long time since I started this thread!!! Well the good news is it is finally started!! No pics today but we swapped the doors, removed the engine from the silver truck, replaced the oil pan, gutted the interior in the blue one, and tore the grey dash out. We were planning on switching that too but that may provide to be too much for us... We'll see. Anyway if we leave in the blue dash we'll go with a flat dark blue instead of flat grey. I will take some pics tomorrow as we are going to continue the work by putting the engine in the blue truck and connecting all the wires and hoses. I like asking my buddies son questions about what he would do on the truck... can't wait to see his face when we flip him the keys...