Status
    Halifax, NS
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

New guy from Nova Scotia

Hi Everyone

Got this 'lil gem (Grey one) in 2013 and figured its about time I joined the forum as there's lots of knowledge on here. Truck was 21 yrs old then with only 19,000 original Kms on it and had never seen rain. Also had one of these years ago (the black one). Love these little trucks

Cheers
    Greg

IMG-20120522-00224.jpgD50.jpg
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to mightyram Trailslapper. Your new D-50 has never seen rain? Amazing find! Your previous D-50 looked like a really nice truck too - I guess you must've regretted not having it around but it looks like you've got your hands on an equally good truck.

Array
    Status
    Halifax, NS
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Yes it has been babied geezer.
    My friends tell me it should be in a museum haha. Due to the weather here in eastern Canada most of these trucks have long since rusted away to powder and I hardly see any others on the road anymore.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Always happy to see a new member, Greg. Welcome.

Nova Scotia is where we get the expression "just a scoash"..."move it just a scoash". Of course, in America, we spell it differently. It's our psychopathic tendency to do stuff like that. Yes, I might be a skoash crazy, but it was a qualification for joining this forum.

I just earned a dozen chocolate~iced donuts: please enjoy one before Geezer gets in here with coffee and eats the rest of 'em.

The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post

Nova Scotia is where we get the expression "just a scoash"..."move it just a scoash". Of course, in America, we spell it differently. It's our psychopathic tendency to do stuff like that. Yes, I might be a skoash crazy, but it was a qualification for joining this forum.

I just earned a dozen chocolate~iced donuts: please enjoy one before Geezer gets in here with coffee and eats the rest of 'em.

Getting a fix of Krispy Cremes got 'easier' now there's an outlet in Adelaide (I say easier regardless of the ludicrous drive through waiting times, the mental parking fines and restrictions the local council has put out on the road - it's still looking like flying to Melbourne is cheaper and faster lololololol) As for your truck being put into a museum Trailslapper, I say HUMBUG! It's meant to be loved! Not stared at through glass like some kind of sideshow freak. Get into the body with some anti rust treatment and keep it clean and mean, it'll keep doing it's funky thing. Hmm, where's that donut...

Array
    Status
    Halifax, NS
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post

Nova Scotia is where we get the expression "just a scoash"..."move it just a scoash".

Hmmm,,,, that's funny, I've never heard that term, but I'm going to start using it now!! LOL
    If you are ever able, take a trip to Newfoundland if you want to hear all kinds of new slang !!

And don't worry geezer, she's been rust checked a couple times

IMG-20120522-00226.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Actually, I made the Nova Scotia thing up with my vivid imagination. But "skoash" IS a real expression we use.

Wow: rust check stickers. Never heard of 'em.

Doesn't rust take cash? Ya gotta write a check? Same with that "check engine" light: it forewarns of expenses but won't take credit cards.

Speaking of "check engine", oh please oh please can we see pictures of the engine!?
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Ditto. Never seen rust 'stickers' but seen plenty of rust holes... Is the rust check thing a vehicle inspection thing the local DMV pulls off?

Array
    Status
    Halifax, NS
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Haha, Rust check is a company here that produces Anti Corrosion Applications for vehicles. We use a lot of Salt on the roads here in winter to melt the winter ice on the roads and it is absolute murder on vehicle's body panels undercarriages and brake parts. In fact I believe more automotive brake parts are sold here in Eastern Canada per capita than any other region in the world.
    Anyway you can go get your vehicle "Rust checked" where they inspect your vehicle for signs of rust and spray inside the doors, inside body panels, and soak down the under parts with a anti-corrisive to combat this. It is usually like $140 - $160 a pop to have done. Guess they're not a global company