I got this thing on 9/28/14
It has about 166k miles, and appears to have had a decent amount of work put into it by the previous owner. The carb is new. It has a new distributor cap and plugs/wires. Some of the hoses are clearly new. I was told new brakes went into the front. The water pump is new. New wrangler tires.
The truck seems to run great from an engine standpoint. No major leaking, no smoking, and it fires right up. Lets hop it stays like this for a bit.
Current problems after having it a few days.
- The rear left turn signal light is not working. I have discovered it is NOT a bulb problem. The other lights in this fixture are working.
- The Headlight switch off of the steering column is broken. It twists 360 degrees freely. Right now, if the fuse is in, the running lights turn on and cant be turned off. Headlights cannot be turned on. This lever still operates turn signals and high beams normally.
- Front suspension and steering are junk. Vertical and horizontal play in the wheels. Shocks are dead, and the front left shock bolts on the lower control arm are rusted and snapped so the shock is not even connected anymore:
- Rear shocks are dead.
- Missing the license plate light.
- Radio is wired such that it only works when the headlights are on.
Current parts on order so far
- Outer tie rod ends (2x)
- Inner tie rod ends (2x)
- Upper ball joint (2x)
- Lower ball joint (2x)
- Pro Comp ES9000 shocks for the front (2x)
- Pro Comp ES1000 shocks for the rear (2x)
- New thermostat and gasket
- DIY roll on bedliner
I am hoping to get these parts in this weekend to get this thing closer to being safe on (and off) the road. More pics to come.