Array
    Status
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Another new MM owner - 1987 2.6 4x4

Well this will be interesting. I have an engineering mind, but I work with software and have little experience with mechanical problems. I got my annual bonus, and went looking for a 4x4 truck for fun times and utility use around the house. I found an 87 MM with 166k miles. It had rebuilt engine in 2004, new brakes, new tires, a new carb, new distributor cap, and new fuel filter. Its a 5 speed and drives very well. No smoking, no serious leaking that I have found. Its creaks and groans a bit, and has plenty that needs to be done, but it runs and the 4x4 works and its MINE!

I will have to get better photos. I just ordered the Haynes manual on Amazon. First priority is putting in new tail light bulbs. Second, is fixing my broken headlight switch. Right now, if you put the fuse in the running lights will be on and you cant turn them off. You also cant turn the headlights on, but you can pull the lever to turn on high beams. Something broke in the twisty thing on the end. I am going to take the steering wheel off and figure it out. After that, I will probably put new shocks on it.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome jprime84. Looks like a tough truck with a hearty spirit.

Looking forward to some interior pictures!
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.