Array
    Status
    Eastman, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Grant Steering wheel adapter 3390 and My D50

OK I have a question. Cuz it seems the parts guy at Slow Riely's has no idea what I'm talking about.

I bought an after market Grant steering wheel for my 88' D50. the adapter that Grant says fits my D50 is the 3390.

However when I look at it and tried as I might to install this. My steering wheel just would not grab and would just spin on the shaft.

The problem.... The 3390 has a smooth bore hole no splines. My original Steering wheel has splines.

Is there an other Grant adapter that I must use? and what is the model number?

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Get this , you will want at least a 2" to 3" clearNce to the wiper/ light controls.plus the splines will fit perfect .also if you ask them you get a free Mitsubishi steering wheel horn button.

only other option is NRG quick release hub but there 100$ plus. do not use the grant steering wheel adapter unless you have a spacer or you will hit the wiper light controls behind them and brake them off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEERING-WHE...df1e7&vxp=mtrd

Array
    Status
    Eastman, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks Maxdsm, But I see that it looks like a different bolt pattern to my classic Grant wheel.

My Grant wheel is the classic muscle car one that has the 3 bolt pattern with the center shaft nut.

Will this adapter be compatible with my wheel?

Array
    Status
    Eastman, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    In case you don't know what the heck I'm talking about. This is the wheel I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grant-838-Cl...1f1b87&vxp=mtr

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Here is a sporty wheel and adapter for 35 bucks, make sure you locate one to fit your truck. I have one just like this in my Toyota MR2 and it seems to be ok. It started to delaminate a little where my hands were always on it but I fixed it by injecting superglue into it. Also those adapters don't have a blinker kick off. You have to insert a small nail or pin in the places on adapter to shut your blinkers off on wheel return.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320mm-Black-...ad38b0&vxp=mtr

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    if that 3390 adaptor doesnt have splines, then it is defective - all the 3390 adaptors I have have the splines cut in them. the 3 bolt wheel should bolt to that adaptor, as I had an older Grant wheel with a 3 bolt attachment before I put the turquoise one on Geronimo. Unless they changed the adaptor design recently the 3 bolt will work. The spacer on the wheel is needed for flat faced wheels, as the deep dish wheels will clear with no issues. Don't forget the split pins for the turn signal cancel, and use silicone grease, like spark plug boot grease, to prevent the wiper from wearing the copper disc out on the horn adaptor.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Eastman, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Here is a sporty wheel and adapter for 35 bucks, make sure you locate one to fit your truck. I have one just like this in my Toyota MR2 and it seems to be ok. It started to delaminate a little where my hands were always on it but I fixed it by injecting superglue into it. Also those adapters don't have a blinker kick off. You have to insert a small nail or pin in the places on adapter to shut your blinkers off on wheel return.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320mm-Black-...ad38b0&vxp=mtr
    LOL Brad I don't know where you see 35 bucks on that listing.. It says $200!

And Pennyman Thanks for the info. I did realize Slow Reily's gave me the wrong adapter after looking at several other listing and blowing up the pictures and seeing they indeed have splines in them.