Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V6

Alignment with a Digital Level

My truck pulls slightly to the left, and you can feel the difference in turning to the right and to the left. In my case, much easier on a left turn. My Dad taught me this old school technic and it works. So simple, using a marker (I used tape) and a square on a good flat surface like a garage floor.
    So we're on a good surface and all you have to do is mark the tire from the hub center and place a mark on the floor on both sides of your truck/car. Keep the wheel straight and role one (tire) revolution until your square matches the hub and the tire mark, measure the floor.
    Make the adjustment on your tie rod, and repeat the process

I had my alignment done by a pro, keep in mind they allow like, 3 degrees plus or minus.
    I haven’t done the adjustment yet, this is my findings. As shown, my passenger gains 3/16 of an inch each revolution. Which is not much, but I can feel it. And common sense tells us we have tire scrub and it certainly would pull to the left.

I know this is great info, that's why you'll remember this. (note) Remember I'm still static up front so my ride height is constant and I have the pinto/mustang II IFS. So bags will not affect my alignment, unlike the stock IFS with bags
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rickdees; 07-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.