4doorciv wrote:
Ah. Okay. I was wondering about the design. Have you given any thoughts on rolling the pinch? Also I remember a few builds on mightyd50 that layed frame without z-ing it. They pie cut the upper and lower control arms, and that's all I remember. It was a while ago.

pie cutting is to keep your ball joints from binding which helps with laying out or getting lift..depending on which way you cut them... i have never seen one of these in person that has layed on the frame and only the frame with out work... Truly laying frame flat with no ugly as rake.... and not sitting on anything else. ----without alot of work to steering components crossmembes....

---i have heard that some years are different ...idk about all of them...just mine...i had to z it so it would lay FLAT AND EVEN and not on the steering components..

thanks for looking

pennyman1 wrote:
The Ram50/MM frame needs to be z'd to lay totally flat because the front crossmember sits too low in relation to the rear, causing the front to sit higher than the rear. Raising the front crossmember puts the bottom of the crossmember flush with the frame. Z'ing and new carrier and tranny crossmembers will make the frame totally flat side to side and front to rear. Definately not for the novice; btw great work on all the mods, much more than I can do. That's why I have friends that build race cars make the parts i need, it's worth it to be safe to me.

thanks for the help on clearing that up....and on the "SAFE" part i wouldnt do this stuff if i didnt have the know how and understanding of welding and fabbing. It was my job to weld, fit, and fab up structural and pipe. But yeah i get what you are saying. And thanks for reminding me to keep safety in my build. For others around me when its time.
Thanks for looking and all of your input..

4doorciv wrote:
Makes sense. Maybe that's what the guy did. Oh well. Please keep up the good work.

yeah most likely did. Thanks for looking and all of your input and questions. Please keep them coming..this is all a learning experience to me--the building a truck part atleast..
thanks..