Thread: Switched Addiction

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    the control arms are stock ....i am gonna triangulate them. i have new bushings that will be picked up tomorrow. Since i am building a new cross member i am gonna have to rebuild/make new mounts for the lower. Instead of having the hole in one side where the lca's mount- I am going to just sandwhich the lca's in between 2 pieces of metallike you would do a 4 link bushing.

I really dont need any help or input anymore....since i spent most of my day working on how to do this and work properly. It was very simple once i found out that the bushings are the same on each side of the control arm and flat as well. My bushings were so destroyed that i couldnt tell a single thing about them.
    thanks for the input and info above though i will definitely my add those links to favorites.

Ill be making my own control arms later. i am actually practicing making jigs every once in a while. I have been slowly getting my table made...level stronger, spare plate, tabs, etc,

thanks kenny

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    i got some more done today. Started off by working on my crossmember for a little bit.Not long though. I ordered my lca bushings. I got my lowers stripped of all unnecessary objects. I also pulled my bed of since i have work to do to the backhalf still--->such as clean up my link bars, finish some welds. Basically tie up some loose ends.

The cab will be coming off since i have some loose ends involving it. Once cab and bed are off i have a clear shot aat the frame and can finish it out and start for prep prime and paint.

stay tuned for more--ILL HAVE SOME PICS TOMORROW OF MY PROGRESS!

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    man what a day busy busy with my fiance's birthday, shopping for her, and a little school shopping for some of our little ones. But even with all that i still got a little truck time in.

i worked on my cross member..almost got it done. I got all of my control arms cleaned up and ready to be cut up and set up for bags. Picked up my lca bushings. Went over a few more ideas on how to mount my lowers. For the most part i have it figured out and just need to pick up some bolts, washers, and nuts then drill some bigger holes in some tabs and get to it. I might pick up some sleeves to use with the stock bushings and have them work more like a 4 link bushing. But using bolts will work just fine. I just have to find the right size and its game time...

i am gonna try to get the cab off tomorrow and finish up all the loose ends on the frame so i can get this thing rolling..
    stay tuned i will have pics soon enough. not too much to show for at the moment.....stay tuned

thanks for looking

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Today i put in about 3 hrs on the truck..Got the bed moved and the cab off the frame. cleaned up where the frame was at and had a few buddys and my brother help me flip it over. I got a good bit of welding done. Ill have everything from the transmission cross member back welded out and ready to be primed and painted tomorrow night. Once i get that done i will work on the front cross member, lca mounts, and frame horns.

Once all that is done ill throw in a trans and block and work on getting the motor mounts and transmission cross member done.

As long as i keep at the pace i have been working at ill have the frame done and rolling ready for front bags very soon...stay tuned ill be throwing some pics up. be patient.
    This being my first build and going all out like this....i must say i cant wait to build my next one..once this one is rolling ill start on my next one...i got some very interesting plans in mind. A heck of a lot different than this one.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    ok so here are some pics showing my latest work...not too much done but its something

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    well got some more done tonight i had to fix a few things on the lca mounts. got them all done with some gussets added. just need to finish the cross member now and wait on some parts to get here so i can get started on bagging the front.

First task is help a guy i met today do some work on his bobcat in exchange for some money off of a 67 c10 i am buying. then get back home to hopefully see my parts laying on the front door step. if not i will get to triangulating my lowers.

Stay tuned for some pics and thanks for looking
    kenny

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I wish I had the skills and the time to do that level of work on a frame - I have neither right now...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    I wish I had the skills and the time to do that level of work on a frame - I have neither right now...
    yeah it is definitely time consuming. it has been just under 3 years since i started this project. With 5 kids full time job and all the side work i get its always late nights, and very little time to work on it. And when i do its when i am dead tired and dragging ass.

Keep in mind that this is my first build. I have bagged a few trucks and helped with z's body drops and other custom jobs but never anything this in depth.

thanks for looking
    kenny

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    well today was a busy day for me..

i got my lowers all tacked up and ready to be welded out. Got lots of welding to do..once that is done i can move on to bagging the front.

pics still to come...thanks for looking

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    man...its been a while. i havent done too much. been working on bagging the front. about got it finished. just some welding, add a few gussetts and grinding left. i found an old 67 c10 which i will pull the dash, cluster, and possibly the column from..maybe even use the grille and headlights also...front bumper is a possibility.
    after the front bags are done ill clean up the frame primer it and paint it then its onto finishing the welding on the cab and bed.....

stay tuned for pics and updates

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    I have alot of catching up to do. ill give a run down and some pics soon.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Glad to see you back on here... how you been?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    stafford va
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    What a build...maybe this Guy will get into gear and finish it or atleast work on it ....oh yeah that Guy would be me......lls

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    New screen name I see, let's see some updates on this man

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Ill be getting back on it soon...money is tight..got a custody battle and work is slow. Gotta clean up the garage and get another welder..I have so many loose ends...finish welding the bed, cab, firewall, it needs a steering column brake lines and gas lines and the wiring done.

I'm gonna be rebuilding the rear end, doing all new brakes and hardware within the next week or so. Then get my steering all bolted up and a column mounted.

Then next plans are to clean up all the new brakes calipers etc up front and paint everything brake related. Once the steering, and brakes are done ill run my brake lines.

Then it's fuel pump, filter, lines for motor..if I don't have a welder by then ill rebuild my transmission then do a mild overhaul on my sbc350..set it in then its all welding and body work interior etc.

0Its gonna have 65 mustang bucket seats..67 c10 column and dash. It will be pretty much bone stock outside ...unless I go with the 67 c10 grille and smooth bumper...but that's all n the air at the moment..

Array
    Status
    Southern California
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    It's been over a year! Any updates?!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567