you know it man....thanks for looking

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    havent done much been busy building a rabbit cage in my spare time.

slowly getting some side money for my adjustable uca's for my truck....

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Well its been a while since i been around.. not much going on with my truck. My adj. upper control arms are being shipped out this coming week. I also got the money for my drop spindles. I will be ordering those this week.

I got the floor cut out and am cleaning and prepping it to be put back in now. Just got to clean up the cab and prep it for welding and i can get it back together. ill have some pics up sometime.

BEEN REAL BUSY WITH WORK AND THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE> HOPE TO GET SOME MORE TIME IN ON THE TRUCK SINCE SUMMER IS HERE AND THE WIFE WORKS FOR THE SCHOOL AND WILL BE OFF WORK.--AND SHE STILL GETS PAID, SINCE SHE IS CONTRACTED THROUGH THE COUNTY

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Im back to working on the truck a little now and then. Upper control arms will be here thurday. Spindles hopefully by saturday.

My next plans are to finish the cab body drop. Take care of a few things on the frame and set up front bags. Once i get from the cab forward done I will be starting on redoing the back half of the frame...and 3 link bars. Not sure if i am doing a full backhalf or just a notch back.

pics are coming...been super busy still....

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    uppers are here...spindles should be here tuesday.

i met some local mini truckers. were gonna start putting in some work on each others trucks. make some more progress. i dont know anyone around here besides them and another friend of mine that are into bags and body drops..eventhough there are a good deal of bagged rides around here. i dont get out much.

gonna have some pics up ..I PROMISE GUYS AND GIRLS. JUST BEEN SUPER BUSY WITH WORK AND PARTING OUT TWO VEHICLES AND A 3RD STARTING THIS WEEKEND

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    here are some pics of where my project stands or sits....along with my uca's and my car dollies i got from harbor freight---$70 for 4 of them locking wheels and all...wooot wooot

adjustable uca's thanks to mike white at www.dallashotrodparts.com (i got my lowers from him also.

car dollies---

thanks for looking

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    ok guys im still alive. I figured i would update while i had it on my mind. Havent done much, just been collecting parts. I got my spindles a few days ago. Now im about to purchase some wheels and get some tires on them. still not sure on what size rims....nothing crazy though.

After the rims and tires are gotten..i am gonna get my metal for backhalf, 3-link, and other random things i need. Fuel cell is on the list of things i need to get soon also. airtank, comps, .....blah blah blah... Also got to get some supplies for all the work ill be doing. I hate running out when i am almost there...total buzzkill.

list to do
    finish body drop on cab
    take care of loose ends on the frame
    back half
    bags
    .....then so much more...

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    ok .....been real busy lately. but managed to get some work done on the old mighty max. Me and my buddy Cam got the floor back in the cab. Started some welding. Gonna weld it inside and out on the front and back then hit the side fillers...

ill have pics tomorrow night.. after we get some more done. Hope to have the sides trimmed and some fillers made. I think i got my rims tonight. got to call the guy tomorrow to confirm. I just need some tires now. Getting the metal for my backhalf this week...

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    here are a few of the cab ready to install the floor. We moved the frame out from underneath it. got everything prepped. i havent got pics of the cab floor being installed yet but they are coming.

did some welding on the back wall then a little on the front wall. Got to trim the frame in one spot and refinish then gonna set the cab back down on it.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Here is one tip for you. Just keep the shop so you can park the wifes car inside every night, and I mean every night. Trust me on this. It makes for an easy life, and then you can spend as much time working on your "therapy" truck as you want. And tell her thats what you are now calling it. Then tell her it is keeping you from having PMS. (Pissed Man Syndrome) Then soon she start telling her friends she "let" you build it, and she called it the therapy truck. This is a good thing. Once it's to that point then you will have a free run to spend what you want and as much time as you like on it. You get the shop and she can have the house.... After that you can put a computer out there and never need to spend time in the house talking with her again. Life is SO good. Ive been with my wife for 16 years, holey crap I'm becoming an old truck guy. Help me....
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    camoit....that is very good thinking....i take it thats what is working for you...lol

Got some metal for my backhalf and body drop fillers yesterday....made a little progress on the cab floor...tomorrow gonna hit it hard AND TAKE SOME PICS.....

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Even though I'll more than likely never be able to do something like this to my truck, I'm enjoying being able to go along for the ride as you build yours. As always, I look forward to any updates and photos you post.

I was wondering something, though. How long have you been working on your truck? Just asking out of curiosity.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    i have been building this thing for about a year...but only get to actually work on it prolly at the most 10 hours a week thats pushing it. there have been times when i didnt even touch it for 2,3 weeks at a time. i took about 1 1/2 months of to do some stuff around the house too.

thanks for taking time to view my thread and post. this is my first build. It has been a dream to build my own mini truck for 12-13 years, now i am doing it.

I GOT SOME PICS AND UPDATE TO ADD TO MY THREAD....COMING SOON...

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    I'm glad you're getting to live your dream. No matter how long it takes, when you've finished it, you can stand back with a real sense of accomplishment and proudly say, "I did that."

I've been wanting to build mine for years, too, and if I ever get to where I'm able to, I'll be one happy camper. Right now, everything I do to mine is on a "need to" basis, instead of a "want to".

Look forward to checking out the updates.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Man...been a little while since i have had a real update. I still dont have much of one. Besides being real busy, i have been waiting on parts to show up at my door. I get tired of doing something and needing one more thing. So i have been collecting parts. I got about everything but a rear and tires. Tires are next..unless i stumble across a rear somewhere.

Progress hasnt been so good...i have been tired of using sawzalls, grinders, and stuff like that to make fillers and cut sh!t. So i am borrowing a plasma from a friend of mine,----just got to wait for the tips and shields i ordered to come in.....

I got one package today...7-gallon 8 port tank, upper and lower round bag brackets, and some flat tabs. Still waiting on one more package..that one contains 4-link tubing, rear and more front bag brackets, some 4 link bushings, and a few small pieces of hardware.

I got some pics of my metal i picked up also.
    Well the floor is slowly getting put back in ...here are some pics of the progress. Its not much but here it is.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    You may not think it's a lot, but it is still progress.
    Even if it's nothing more than having your parts come in, it still brings you one step closer to achieving your goal.
    Keep up the good work, man.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    thanks stunner...that helps. Youre right. I almost got all my to do list done for around the house and misc. things so its back to the truck...

thanks for looking

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    got another package today..just need to get some tires mounted on my rims now.....

time to get to work on it...heres a pic..

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    well guys i am gonna keep working on my truck when i can. BUT I AM GOING TO BE LETTING IT GO SOON IF MY CLAIM FOR ABANDONED TITLE COMES BACK WITH A GOOD RESULT. JUST GONNA TAKE 45 DAYS. I AM HAVING A HELL OF A TIME FINDING A TITLE FOR IT AND MY PROMOTION AT WORK TAKES ALOT OF MY TIME NOW.

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION AND CRAZINESS.....THANKS TO MY WIFE AND HER ACTUALLY THINKING...I MIGHT JUST GET A TITLE ALOT EASIER THAN I THOUGHT...
    Last edited by l.k.; 08-14-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Oh and i do have an update....cab fillers are about done. Just got 2 more to do. Then trim the frame where i z'd it and i can set it down for test fitment. Then back off to get rid of pinch weld and weld underneath....pics tomorrow evening.

Thanks for looking

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I'm confused - you were selling the pieces, then you're still working on the cab... I assume the part sales are still on hold, or are they?!?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    I'm confused - you were selling the pieces, then you're still working on the cab... I assume the part sales are still on hold, or are they?!?
    IM GLAD YOU POSTED SO I HAD A REASON TO REPLY...EVEN IF I PLAN TO SELL IT..I WILL WORK ON IT. ITS MINE AND IT IS MY FAVORITE TRUCK SO FAR ...AND AS CLOSE AS I HAVE CAME TO MY DREAM.....BUT I DOUBT SOMEONE IS GOING TO DRIVE TO VA TO PICK UP ALL THIS STUFF. BECAUSE I WILL NOT PART ANYTHING. ALL MUST GO.
    AND YES NOW IM NOT SELLING IT SINCE MY WIFE SAYS TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT DMV HAS TO SAY ONCE I SUBMIT ABANDONED VEHICLE CLAIM.

its amazing how fast things change!!!! my wife told me to do a carfax......i did. it shows no activity since my friends friends ex-wife bought it then shortly after got a title loan on it. it doesnt show a lien up to the end of 2005.

so im giving it 45 more days....might not need to buy a truck just for a title.

sorry for the confusion.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast