Thread: Switched Addiction

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Today i got a lot of stuff accomplished. I finished stripping the interior. Pulled the grille, headlights, radiator, and corner lights. Packed all of it away.

Covered the windows with paper and taped them up to protect them from the body drop process.

Pulled passenger side fender and removed the antenna set up. Started to shave the antenna hole. got a little hot and need to cut it back out and start over if i cant fix it.

Wish me luck.
    I have a list of stuff that will be for sale...and it is growing ..possibly the complete interior...thinking of custom dash, seats, door panels, etc
    PICS WILL BE UP TOMORROW OF MY PROGRESS.

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    If you had the 89 carbed model I'd probibly buy a gas tank from you. but of course shipping is a lot to hawaii. As always.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorciv View Post
    If you had the 89 carbed model I'd probibly buy a gas tank from you. but of course shipping is a lot to hawaii. As always.
    shipping would be a little high...

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    I did alot today. for only having a little bit of time.

I cut off the rear bag mounts that were installed half ass by a guy who i had start setting up my bags...they were crooked and i hit one with a hammer after i cut out one little gusset and it fell off...

i almost got the fender all welded up..just a few more tacks and some minor shaping and its ready for some body work then temporary primer.
    I cut a bigger section out instead of filling the little hole in. It seemed like it wasnt going to contour naturally by just filling in the little circle.

i also ordered my Ballistic rod end for my three link setup, along with some tube, bung, and jam nut. I got the biggest baddest one i could find. It allows up to 70 degrees of movement...Gonne be able to hit some major side to sides. I CANT WAIT TO BE ABLE TO HIT THE SWITCHES...

Started to make a list of things i am going to sell...it is really growing now

also got a lead on a mighty max that has been wrecked but has full hyro set up on it. missing grille, headlights, corners, needs alot of body work or new fender or two. Left my number and note on the front door of the house. And i got some friends checking with the neighbors.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    That thing fell off after you cut it only a little bit? Thats spooky. Glad your doing a lot in a days work. Wish my progress was more than I got done.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    That thing fell off after you cut it only a little bit? Thats spooky. Glad your doing a lot in a days work. Wish my progress was more than I got done.
    only a few spots of each weld were getting penetration on the entire bag mount.

yeah i only put in a few hours yesterday..maybe 3.

i work on this every spare second of my life. Family, work, truck is all i do in life....

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    I got a good deal done today.

Welded in some temporary x-members so i could cut off the front frame horns and remove the transmission x-member. Got the transmission x-member out and it is now for sale.

Cleared the frame of everything such as fuel filter, hard lines, all tabs, brackets, etc.

hope to have the everything ready to start the body drop tomorrow. All i have left to do is mark out my cut lines, cut off front frame horns/mounts.

Then i have to decide whether to lay it out on the floor to perofrm the body drop or do it on jackstands.

I did the last one i did on jack stands. thinking of laying the frame on the ground or spacing it up about 1/2 inch off the floor Then perform the body drop.

WELL I WILL HAVE SOME PICS TOMORROW OF MY PROGRESS.

THANKS FOR LOOKING..

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Are you going to keep the bed usable or are you going to make it into a case? We had an old member on here with the first gen bagged with a dump bed. That was pretty badass. With a body drop and airbag setup, automatically says chop the bed up.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Are you going to keep the bed usable or are you going to make it into a case? We had an old member on here with the first gen bagged with a dump bed. That was pretty badass. With a body drop and airbag setup, automatically says chop the bed up.
    the bed willlook stock when i am done it will just be really shallow. I dont know about a dump bed--im not a big fan of those.....but maybe that will change.

i was thinking of doing a tilt to the side. but i am not gonna even think of that ....i have too much stuff already on my plate...

oh and i have seen trucks bagged and never cut there bed at all...

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Yeah I gotta have my bed to throw stuff in.....even if its shallow thats better than none. Then again...if you have no bed then you dont have to help anyone move stuff when you dont want 2.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Yeah. But if it's bagged, I'm sure you'll have a max load capacity anyway. I need my bed to haul crap around. Whenever I het mines running.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Yeah. But if it's bagged, I'm sure you'll have a max load capacity anyway. I need my bed to haul crap around. Whenever I het mines running.
    the load weight is on two of the rear bags together... 2200lbs for each bag......so you actually gain from installing bags. thats what air bags were originally designed for..load support. with all four of my bags totaled up ..call it 8000 lbs. Thats way more than the truck and how much you can haul.

as far as room in the bed well im not building a truck to haul stuff in im building a smooth simple truck to show and fullfill a dream and void in my life.

you can haul all kinds of stuff. and set up right it will tow and ride great.
    thanks for looking

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    No updated pics of the cutting process of the body drop? Keep us updated boss.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    No updated pics of the cutting process of the body drop? Keep us updated boss.
    sorry guys just been real busy and forgot about the camera..left it in the garage.
    ill post up in a little bit....

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    havent dont much lately just a little here and there.
    If anyone is looking for factory inner fender liners (plastic ones) in great condition i have them for sale......
    I got some cut lines marked out and made a few cuts. Started removing the innner fender wells. Just have to cut the at the 4 corners, and tubs and i will be able to place it and tack it in place.
    i got this the other day...

here are some pics of my most recent work and progress...

heres a few of the lines and cuts that i have done so far...still not caught up on the pics yet....

THANKS FOR LOOKING. ILL HAVE MORE TOMORROW HOPEFULLY.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Guys i am still debating on going with a sloped rise from the door to the raised floor or a straight/vertical wall ledge. I just want to hear what you all think. i have my game plan just want some input for general purposes

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    What are the perk of both? I don't have much experiense in this departmen, nore know what either means.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I think a slope looks better, seems like it'd be easier to hide under carpet as well

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Slope looks better and will make body drop less noticable inside cab

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    i agree with the sloped as well....you might get away with the carpet covering it back up...

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    thanks for the input guys. I think i am gonna go with the slope. I have done it this way on every body drop ive done and helped with. I was gonna go the other route just to be different and try something new.

no update today guys been trying to sell some mazda parts..not working out bout to trash the sh!t

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I would first see what else is in the pile you can use on your project first. Kinda rummage through it while tossing away first.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    I would first see what else is in the pile you can use on your project first. Kinda rummage through it while tossing away first.
    the way i have my build planned...I dont see anything being good to me. just gonna keep the front clip and a few small items. but that still leaves me with a bunch of stuff....

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    well guys its been a while since i updated. I havent done too much lately. Just a little here and there.

Since my last post i have got the entire floor cut out. Both front wheel wells cut out. I JUST SET THE CAB DOWN TO GET AN EYE FOR WHAT IT IS GONNA LOOK LIKE...SO PAY NO MIND TO THE OVERLAPS AND STUFF...... Nothing is final but at a good spot to take a break and do some much needed cleaning and some more organizing.

Next step is to raise cab up about 3 feet off the ground. Got to get rid of the pinch weld. SHOULD I CUT IT OFF NOW OR FOLD IT OVER AND EXTEND MY ROCKERS LIFESPAN? ANY OPINIONS. I JUST WANT TO HEAR WHAT YALL THINK...IT MATTERS..
    Then clean up all areas that were cut and those that will be welding surfaces. Gonna pull the floor up, flip it over and clean it and prep it for welding.

After those 2 things are done i have to address 2 issues with my frame and uca mounts. I have to trim one of my plates on top where i z'd and one spot where my uca mounts just barely touch my steering box. Then its onto cutting the floor for the proper slope at the doors and some hand made braces/gussets for the floor to mount to the cab.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast