Array
    Status
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8

trans tunnel mods

ok guys new to the forum. mods feel free to move thread were it belongs. got a 91 mm 5speed . sbc swap, chevy axles, 3 inch body lift, toyota ifs steering box yada yada. i did some firewall massaging with hammer to get little extra clearance, but when it comes to trans not enough hammering can be done! looking for pics of raising trans tunnel . and how much yall raise them.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Your doing ok with posting here. You may do better with a continuous build thread in the 2nd gen thread title area. Can't miss it, it's below the 1st gen thread, lol. You can find it when you enter the forum down about mid page. Start a thread and be sure to keep it updated because that's what we all live on here.

I'll make a guess at tunnel raising and what others will say. Cut the tunnel top section, Put the engine in, or try then get your measurement at that time. Pretty much every engine swap is different, though it sounds like a V8 is your project your into. We have quite a few of those and there are some pictures posted here and around. To me it looks like they cut just the top most section around the bell housing and trying not to remove the driveline hump if they could.

Welcome to the forum.

Array
    Status
    Lakeland, FL
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    Thanks buddy i will post a build thread. Engine is pretty much in. Just debating on how low to mount it.