Thread: Riding Mowers, Tractors and Old Engines

Array
    Status
    Raymond New Hampshire, USA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Double open end wrenches just look right don't they? I'll have to get a picture soon of my case 530. 196? bought it to pull the house down. It's beat to hell, but it runs!

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    My pop had a Case tractor; it's in a California museum now... Post the photo if can, thanks...

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    CASE530 AND RAM50.jpgCASE530.jpgThe oval automotive muffler is not correct, but my god did it make it quieter. I replaced the split in 3 places exhaust manifold, and with the round tractor muffler it really wasn't any quieter! Most case 530CK were diesel, but this one is gasoline fueled. So I own two, 2.6 liter 4 cylinder carbureted vehicles

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    That thing runs on a 2.6 L4 gas engine?!
    How's the mileage?

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    it makes half the horsepower so I'm positive it gets twice the mileage Oh yeah, it also weighs about 9000 pounds. So that will bring it down to 2/3 the mileage.
    I'd put a weber on it, but its an updraft intake. It does however have the same alternator as my truck. Came with a busted 1 wire alternator. I wired up a Delco 10si 3 wire alternator and stuck on a few led headlights. The hand throttle is broken. I have the parts to fix it, but not sure if it can be done with the loader on the tractor. Current hand throttle is a stick wedged under the foot throttle.
    Power steering allegedly works but the ram leaks. I've never filled it. The steering is terrifyingly loose. Like, you're not gonna feel safe traveling down the shoulder of the road at more than 5mph loose. Ask me how I know

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Wow..! Your Case 530 tractor is not a toy; it can do pretty much anything with those attachments, nice... No wonder you can tear down a house..! I've seen construction sites tearing down old buildings and often there is a guy spraying some water to help minimize dust or (asbestos..?) Maybe in the long run a gasoline powered tractor is best for home use..? Not every gas station has the more expensive diesel fuel & a diesel engine has more maintenance... Not as much smoke & smell as well... Nice machine Bro...

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    It's a real workhorse. The 530CK is the "construction king". The loader/backhoe is a semi permanent attachment. It can be removed if you had to split the tractor, but it's not designed to be taken on or off. No pto or 3 point hitch. Intended to stay as a backhoe forever.
    House was tested before asbestos before my demolition permit was issued. Waiting on a survey before I can actually knock it down. Will probably be the spring now.
    While it has proven handy for moving some snow, the old Case will be sold when I'm done with my construction. I only have 1/2 acre, and it's just too big to be useful. Here is a shot of my original snow mover. A 1973 Allis Chalmers Tracker8 snowthrower. I did the old rubber flaps on the impeller trick. It throws snow like you read about. Cast iron 3 speed sliding gear transmission with a lockable differential. The auger worm drive is also a very large cast iron cased unit. It is built like the proverbial tank. I've had it for 5 years or so. I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.
    For size reference, the front wheels on the Case are 16" light truck tires
    ACTRACKER8.jpg
    Last edited by Giovanni89; 02-13-2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typo

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    OMG, my little apartment was 68F this morning and it's 70F now but I am still wearing a jacket, long pants and socks, I feel cold..! Giovanni your photo is just too COOL (Brrrr

For sure keep that snow blower; doubt any new products would even come close to giving you the same satisfaction of what it can do & have the same durability... Why is a survey needed, if it's not too confidential..?

COLD Topic: I was browsing https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucindx/ GSA Auctions "Real Estate" last night; if a person loves cold weather & rural living then Uncle Sam has great deals... They also have super deals for "Trailers, Tractors, Manufactured Housing" newer 2018 models from FEMA stockpiles all around the country...

Stay Warm & Happy Valentine's Day my friend

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxrox View Post
    OMG, my little apartment was 68F this morning and it's 70F now but I am still wearing a jacket, long pants and socks, I feel cold..! Giovanni your photo is just too COOL (Brrrr

For sure keep that snow blower; doubt any new products would even come close to giving you the same satisfaction of what it can do & have the same durability... Why is a survey needed, if it's not too confidential..?

COLD Topic: I was browsing https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucindx/ GSA Auctions "Real Estate" last night; if a person loves cold weather & rural living then Uncle Sam has great deals... They also have super deals for "Trailers, Tractors, Manufactured Housing" newer 2018 models from FEMA stockpiles all around the country...

Stay Warm & Happy Valentine's Day my friend
    The survey is needed because the existing structure does not meet the current setback requirements from the property line. Because the house was destroyed "as an act of God" I can rebuild in like kind without the need for a zoning variance. However, I need to have a survey done as there is none on file for the house, and I need to stay within the original footprint. Expanding past the footprint would require a variance.
    I was going to just build an apartment in the second floor of my gambrel roofed garage, but the footing does not extend below the frost line. No occupy-able unit allowed up there. One of the main reasons I moved to New Hampshire is the Live Free or Die spirit, whether it be firearms or taxes. And while it's way better than many states, you can't totally escape bureaucracy and the fact that you never truly "own" your land.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni89 View Post
    you can't totally escape bureaucracy and the fact that you never truly "own" your land.
    Ain't Life Grand..!

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    CASE530 AND RAM50.jpgCASE530.jpgThe oval automotive muffler is not correct, but my god did it make it quieter. I replaced the split in 3 places exhaust manifold, and with the round tractor muffler it really wasn't any quieter! Most case 530CK were diesel, but this one is gasoline fueled. So I own two, 2.6 liter 4 cylinder carbureted vehicles
    Hey Giovanni, check this out. A red '89 parts truck, not far from you (it is a 4x4 though). Sounds like the guy wants it gone, maybe you can make a good offer to take it off his hands...
    https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/dunb...815202455.html

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Edit, It's sold already
    Thanks for that. I usually search every few weeks. Sent the guy a text. The price is right! Plus I would gain many parts for the eventual manual trans swap I want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaco View Post
    Hey Giovanni, check this out. A red '89 parts truck, not far from you (it is a 4x4 though). Sounds like the guy wants it gone, maybe you can make a good offer to take it off his hands...
    https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/dunb...815202455.html

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Edit, It's sold already
    Ahhhh, too bad.

Array
    Status
    Newburgh, NY
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Edit, It's sold already
    Thanks for that. I usually search every few weeks. Sent the guy a text. The price is right! Plus I would gain many parts for the eventual manual trans swap I want to do.
    Here's an '90 and a '95 (maybe too new?), in CT. This guy wants these gone, he just reduced the price, I think he was asking double a few days ago. I bet he would take less than what he's asking now.
    https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...833250810.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12