Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Score!!! I'm sooo Happy

Sooo, Strolling to the local JY. What do my lil eyes spy!! 1995 MM w/ gray dash/doors that are not all jacked up!! Soooo, I grabbed the complete interior, including the seat belts!! (( Are the standard cab seatbelts the same as Macrocab?)) the head and intake and everything attached to it. Pretty much everything but the bottom end!! I even got the LED 3rd brake light!!

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Wow you got lucky! You can never find them where I'm at and if you do there's nothing left.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I was just mentioning in another thread that our trucks seat belts have a recall on them. Double check if yours have been done and if it falls into the federal recall listing. The recall had to replace all the seatbelts in a huge amount of trucks.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Is the recall still replacing the belts?

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?

[top]1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Seat Belts Recall 95V103004

NHTSA: Action Number: N/A Service Bulletin Number: 95V103004

• Report Date:
      May 24, 1995
    • Component:
      Seat Belts
    • Potential Units Affected:
    • Manufacturer:
      Mitsubishi America

Summary: The front safety belt buckle release buttons can break. These red plastic release buttons are marked "press. " if a button breaks, pieces can fall into the buckle assembly causing the buckle to operate improperly.

Consequence: The safety belts would not provide adequate protection to an occupant in a vehicle crash.

Remedy: Owners should promptly check the condition and operation of both front safety belt buckles and carefully inspect the red release button for any breaks or cracks. They should ensure that both buckles are operating properly by inserting each latch plate into its buckle, tugging on the belt to make sure the latch is securely locked, and then pressing the release button. The latch plate should pop out of the buckle when the button is pressed. If either release button shows a sign of breaking or cracking or if either buckle fails to operate properly, owners should promptly contact their authorized dealer to schedule an appointment to have the buckle replaced or repaired, free of charge. The manufacturer is developing a remedy designed to prevent failure of the buttons that are not currently broken.

Notes: System: interior; seat belts; belt buckles. Vehicle description: passenger vehicles and light duty trucks and vans equipped with safety belts made by takata corporation. Note: if your vehicle is presented to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and the remedy is not provided free of charge within a reasonable time, please contact mitsubishi at 1-800-222-0037. Also contact the national highway traffic safety administration's auto safety hotline at 1-800-424-9393.

Array
    Status
    MN
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    I doubt it. Owners have to get it done within 10 years for the maker to be legally required to do it. I'm stuck in the same boat right now - my driver side seatbelt is broken. Gonna have to figure something out that doesn't involve free replacements or junkyard diving, I think, because there are no MM's in junkyards around here.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Every MM sold there appears to have been affected by the recall. I would think that the dealership recall is only for the original owner too. Are any seatbelt buckle assemblies from DSM gear compatible?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Any vehicle affected by a recall is entitled to the replacement part no matter who the owner is or the age of the truck. If the part has already been replaced then the recall was completed and that's that.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    i had to switch my seat belts out in my second gen to 2000 era galant seat belts because that's the bucket seats i went with. the buckles were totally different

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Good thing is now your seat belts and retractor mechanisms are a decade newer.