Hey guys. Got a stumper. First of what I am working on.
1989 dodge ram 50 g63b 5 speed. Been working on fixing up a lot of stuff the last few days. Overhauled brakes. Fixing rat nest of wiring left by po. And tune up. I noticed while working on everything that the secondary valve on the carb is not working. Put a hose on the controller and it is not holding vacume. So jumped on youtube and started searching. Found a video were a guy simply bypassed by connecting the spring to the throttle cable to put tension on it. Seemed to work... So I did it. Not wanting to fudge anything I used another spring rather then chop it. As soon as I fired the truck up it idled high. Around 2 and a half by my ears. So though maybe it was just from fuel from where I had been opening the throttle by hand so I took it down the road. Ran great! A lot more power. But still high idle. So checked all vacuum lines. Replaced on that was cracked. No change. So removed the spring that I had installed thinking maybe that was causing it. No change. Still high idle and dieseling. Any ideas? Runs fine otherwise. Could I try adjusting the idle? This cheep carb is rather confusing. Not even sure how to adjust it. Thank you all in advance.