Hi guys, this isn't for my MM but I guess it's general enough to go here.

I'm restoring an E36 BMW as a gift for my wife. I'm at the accessories stage of the resto. I don't understand AV stuff at all. AT ALL. I'm happy with an AM radio and one speaker for baseball games. But my wife likes trance music and this is going to be her party wagon. So here's the deal.

I got a pair of MTX 10" subwoofers in boxes for free. They take up too much room in the truck so might as well throw them in the car.

I'm getting a new head unit because the OEM one has a cracked LCD. I'm looking at an inexpensive Kenwood KDC-155U that does iPod and all of that. The specs are 50 watts x 4 channels and RMS (I don't know what that means) 22 watts x 4 channels. The car came with 8 speakers: pair of 5.25" under the dash, pair of 2" in the door panels and a pair of combined 4" and 1" in the rear deck. The foam on the stock speakers is torn so I'm replacing them with El Cheapo eBay speakers.

I know I need an amp to power the subwoofers. I found a matching MTX 2 channel TC2002 600 watt 200 watt RMS amp on eBay for about 40 bucks. The battery is already in the trunk in the BMW. I read the manual for the TC2002 but none of the sample wiring diagrams match what I'm trying to do. There was a bunch of stuff about capacitors, multiple amps, etc. that I don't understand or want to deal with.

How do I wire this up so the lights don't dim and the windows go up and down? The alternator is the 80 amp stock unit that's now 20 years old. The car has power everything, locks, windows, sunroof. No fog lights.

Please help me with ideas for a wiring diagram. Keep in mind I don't even know what crossovers are. Thank you!

Back of the head unit:

KDC155U.jpg

Back of the amp, part 1:

tc2002b.jpg

Back of the amp, part 2:

tc2002a.jpg