Thread: NOOB from Danville,VA

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max

NOOB from Danville,VA

Hello fellows, My name is Mike i just picked up my 2nd mm/d-50 my frist one was a 85 d-50 that truck was great till the rust got ahold of it badly. So after years of other cars, truck i finally got a hold of another one. The new one is a 87 mm i love it its not perfect but for $600 you cant beat it this one has the g63b, 5 speed. But ive got slight motor problems with it #3 is dead the guy had said something that the rings could be broken so when i got it home i let it cool down pulled the plug and poor some oil in there (old trick to see if compression builds) hooked the gauge to it and still no compressionso hopefully it has a blown headgasket or burnt valves any ways here are some pics of hermax.jpgmax 2.jpg

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    welcome to the site. im in stafford, va. about and hour north of richmond. i got a 95 mighty max. project thread "SWITCHED ADDICTION"....
    Whats your plans for it? Is that your chevy in the background of the one pic? My father and i have a 71 c10 long bed.---was restored then crashed..about to get to another build with it...

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

Yea that is a c-10 if i rember right its a 71 that joker is in rough shape. but for my max i want it to be my dd till i get some more paper around for it then air it out i want to do a sfbd, f.b.s.s. also fab up a bracket to do a engine driven compressor. and maybe just maybe fully shaved it. but for now get it running smoother

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

also before i joined the site ive seen your truck on differnt other sites as well. just a question though how dose that habor freight welder holding up?

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeslowmax View Post
    also before i joined the site ive seen your truck on differnt other sites as well. just a question though how dose that habor freight welder holding up?
    well when my miller took a crap..i went to harbor freight and got it..had it for about 5 months and i use it for everything. I love it...most of my friends went and bought one too after they used it. i talked to a few guys online before i bought it, and they own shops and they had 0 complaints. with the regulator welder and helmet i paid like 400 and that was with a 2 year full replacement warranty. even if its not broke you can take it back and get a new one...then re new the 2 year warranty for like $25.

so yeah its ok...i have used it to for the body drop, frame work, other vehicle related things for friends.

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

oh i was just wondering about it. Before my dad passed away he had a saying " a quarter more you go frist class" So with that stuck in my head i got the Miller 280X and that setup is badd

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    i feel ya there but my 500 dollar miller was shit compared to this for the price.....my old lincoln wasnt too bad..

do you see many max's or d50's your way...im trying to get another one even if it is just a parts truck....heres my number...540 333 2246 name is kenny let me know something.

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

There are a few in our little paper ( it like a wanted 4 sale thing) here in a few I'll look for the new paper and I'll send ya a txt ( sorry I can't send you my number I don't remember it lol )

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

I was going to txt you but it seems a little late to do so. But if you feel like driving to Denton NC there is a white max there for 700. It has front end damage from a deer. But that is the only one I found that was a half way good price

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

Chevy V8
    its cool man...anytime for a truck is cool...i found one local but i cant get ahold of the people since talking to them the first time....this one is white, front end damage, door damage, and questionable engine, but it has a good frame from what i can tell ALONG WITH A FULL HYDRO SET UP......ITS ON BLOCKS....NO WHEELS, GOOD BED AND CAB FOR THE MOST PART, DRIVE LINE IS GOOD TOO..

Array
    Status
    Danville, VA
    Vehicle

Kick ass s