Thread: New Member

Array
    Status
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Montero
    Engine

G54B

My name is Dave and I've been lurking around and finally decided to join after I picked up an '88 Raider last weekend. 4G54 and KM148 drivetrain. It's white with a pretty solid body and worn out but useable interior. I'll try to get a few picks up soon. Dubious maintenance history and not running well at all right now (like backfiring and dieseling anywhere above idle) so please check out my post in the tech section where we can play a game called What Should I Do with This?, where the newb posts pictures of the previous owner's handiwork and asks does this look right? and what should I do with this...

Good to be here

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Welcome to the site DNK70. There's a thread on where to start after buying your Ram/Mighty Max/D-50 for crucial maintenance and servicing - http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...and-do-it-ASAP That old truck is a beautiful blank canvas just waiting for you to get your Van Gogh on (minus the absinth and hacking off the ear thing), and if you're not the most imaginative guy in the room there is plenty of inspiration to be had in the members' build threads. These trucks are easy enough to work on and maintain and any pitfalls you run into have already been encountered (and if it's a new one and you beat it under your own steam, pass it on - someone will thank you for it)

Array
    Status
    Grants Pass Oregon
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I'm also a new guy. I have a 1985 ram 50 G63B motor not sure if it's a first gen. or 2nd gen.
    dwa....

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi dwa, welcome to the site. I'd say that due to the age of your truck the engine will be a gen 1 (unless it has been swapped over. Got any other details?

Array
    Status
    CLT NC
    Vehicle

1979 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

4G52
    Hi, I'm Chris. My 1st car was a arrow. And so some 30 years later picked one up (77 unmolested). It needs a motor 2.0l, so I bought a 79 arrow truck (2.0l) and then a '79 sport arrow truck (2.6l). Going to use the 2.0l truck as donor for car and sport truck. Both are in dire need of attention and found this site - looks like much knowledge here to guide me thru. Hiya

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi Cedrrow1, welcome to the site. Lots of new guys are posting on this thread (which is cool) but for the noobs you can start your own introduction thread. It will ensure any replies and posts will be dedicated to you specifically. The Arrow is a 2 door hatch right? Same as the Celeste and Lancer hatch from waaay back? They are an awesome little car (I had one and it was a lot of fun to drive). When you figure out how to post pics get your own thread up and running so we can see what you're bringing to the table.