Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Local Sightings

I'd like to post reports here on local Ram 50 vehicles, and other members are encouraged to post their own local sightings. I have asked permission from the owners to photograph their vehicles, then conduct a short interview with them. I'm posting the thread here so they can see their Sighting...possibly sign on to the site...and each Ram 50 owner I interview is directed here to the website.
    royster

Shelley's 1989 2.6 4x4

Though not an eye-catcher, this truck is her husband's baby. He prefers to work on it rather than any other vehicle, though a busy life hasn't allowed much fixing up: just keeping this daily driver running.
    scan0040.jpg scan0041.jpg

Having recently switched my rear window out, I gave Shelley the old one for her husband to install on Big Red. Shelley's only complaint about the truck is how hot it gets in the cab. Now they'll have redneck air conditioning!
    scan0042.jpg
    Last edited by royster; 09-09-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There's a similar thread on www.sigma-galant.com where members post what they've seen and where. I wish I was able to post up a pic my wife took of a Mitsubishi Triton 4x4 last week with a sticker on the rear window proclaiming "DANCE LIKE YOUR VAGINAS ON FIRE"! I nearly caused an early morning pile up I was laughing so hard

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Adam's 2nd Generation 2.6 snow plow

Adam is a young man who collects little trucks and unusual vehicles...I hope to do a report about his '59 Hillman and '59 right-side-driver Peugot.

But today is the 2.6 long-bed snow plow he acquired last year...a little too late for plowing snow, but winter happens, and I'm sure he'll have plenty of opportunity to use it in the future.
    scan0011.jpg scan0013.jpg scan0012.jpg

Adam showed me that the blade works quite well, and the controls are on the dash...very small but adequate. He is unsure of the truck's history, but remains confident it was originally sold locally in Woodstock.
    scan0010.jpg

The engine is tired at 230,000 miles, and Adam is in no hurry to do much with the truck: he has about 11 other vehicles demanding his time and attention. The interior is in good condition, and the original paint job is hanging on, but not indefinitely.

Thanks, Adam, for your time and permission to photograph your Ram 50. royster

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^something a little out of the ordinary. Nice spotting Roy

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    what about the bulletside datsun truck next to his ram 50?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    what about the bulletside datsun truck next to his ram 50?
    He has THREE of those, and an older Datsun*, too. Adam could be whole thread, just with the vehicles he has. I'll be sure to visit him again and post a short article on his collection. I'll ask permission for several pictures: everyone on this forum will appreciate his story.

scan0011.jpg

* the bed made into a trailer
    Last edited by royster; 08-30-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    The Datsun you're seeing in the above photo is slated for the crusher. I looked at it and the rust is so bad, paint is the only thing keeping it together.

I had a wonderful chat with Adam this afternoon, and he is happy to let me take photos and interview him on the various vehicles. He even consented to a possible video, which tempts me.

Among the features of upcoming articles will be his 1959 Peugeot 203, which not only LOOKS a lot like the one in this photo, it might well BE this one. According to Adam, there are only about 10 of these in the U.S.. He says Australians love these guys, so we'll see what Geezer101 has to say about it.
    thCASISP06.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Drum roll please...nup, don't know anything about them. I have a feeling that Peugeot didn't have much of a foot hold in Australia during the 1950's, we were busy importing from the British and US markets and starting our our local motor vehicle manufacturing base. The car that sort of resembles the '59 Peugeot in the pic above would've been the Chevrolet designed GMH 48-215 (they are referred to as the 'FX' but weren't designated the model code officially) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_48-215

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    THIS "local sighting" is right here on the forum, a member who has never posted but did add an album in the Gallery. Addone - a member in Missourri - has a really handsome '93 Mighty Max 4 x 4 3.0 6...I hope Addone posts more pictures: this is one beautiful truck. (Members are advised to see more at the Gallery http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=334

image.jpg
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Shelley's 1989 2.6 4x4

Though not an eye-catcher, this truck is her husband's baby. He prefers to work on it rather than any other vehicle, though a busy life hasn't allowed much fixing up: just keeping this daily driver running.
    scan0040.jpg
    UPDATE
    I spoke with Shelley yesterday...who phoned her husband, Jim, and we chatted. He's recovering from some major illness and intends to start fixing the truck up, once he gets to feeling better. I suggested he join the forum and keep us up-to-date with his improvements.

Thanks for the chat, Jim, and do get better soon! royster
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Okay, this one is pure eye-candy, in our own Gallery. (Members: if you haven't spent some time looking through the Gallery, treat yourself to the journey).

This is ProSteet Arrow's truck on page three http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...hp?albumid=322 (Members only...yet another benefit of joining the forum).

GetAttachment%20(4).jpg

Spotted a 2nd generation D-50 locally, hooked up to a flat trailer...hope to get a story on it soon.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    One more from the Gallery, because this 1986 johnbaker 2.6 4wd. of ragragtimetime's is so drop-dead (sexy?) good-looking it is just awesome.

IMG_0016.jpg

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    thanks! johnbaker cam along with mikuni side-draft & johnbaker chrome header. the mikuni demanded a centrifugal fuel pump (burned out the electric diaphragm pump that came with the mikuni) to keep up with highway speeding (even though i purchased the cagle fuel pressure reglator). to keep an eye on all of this i mounted a fuel pressure guage in front of the steering wheel (yeah i know don't light up inside the cab). i plan to fire it up (someday when i have time) & will post a youtube link (sounds like a mean snowmobile). peace

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I hope to see more of that, RRTT. That's one of the most awesome trucks I've ever seen, and I've seen quite a few.

IMG_0013.jpg

It is my hope to post a follow-up on Adam's 1959 Hillman and 1959 Peugeot 203 tomorrow: got some good shots (I hope) of them. (That IS, in fact, a photo of the very Peugeot he has: he took the photo).
    thCASISP06.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    This 1963 Iguanamobile was built by Reptillia Motors Might Work LTD., in Polywog, Amfibbia. They were imported individually, and it was when they crawled ashore that the U.S. Coast Guard demolished much of the inventory slated for the East Coast. Thus, only 547 of them remain in captivity. This one was spotted in nearby Tadpole Lake Estates, and is reportedly owned by Congressman Phil R. Pokkets, rumored to be a Reptillian even though he runs on the Mammilian ticket, making scale. His involvement in the Lake Pirahnna Estates scandal has eaten away at much of his fortune, and he has resorted to selling snake oil in order to make ends meets...even though they shouldn't (it would create an Enzo).

iguanamobile.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I don't care for lowered trucks, but because of what I've seen on this site, I have an appreciation for workmanship and good, caring exicution.

This truck is laying on the North end of Woodstock, Virginia, for sale. I only took photos for those on the forum who do like lowered trucks. This one is not great by any stretch of the imagination. You certainly have something to compare it to here on MightyRam50.
    (The '54 Olds in the background has been for sale for weeks).
    DSC00035.jpg DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg DSC00038.jpg

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    It's a nice little truck just looks like it needs some love. But it's scary buying someone else's mini because you never really know how good the work is unless you know them personally. Thanks for thinking of us dropped guys Royster.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Dropped trucks aren't my thing, but I truly appreciate what goes into doing one RIGHT, bobbyk. If I ever see other dropped trucks, I'll certainly snag some pics.

Not sure what the story is on the Toyota, but it looks like the guy just gave up on it.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Figured at least ONE of you was interested in the '54 (or '55-6) Olds, so I got some eye~candy for ya.

DSC00062.jpg DSC00061.jpg DSC00063.jpg

DSC00065.jpg DSC00066.jpg DSC00064.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64

Adam's World

DSC00070.jpg

1959 Hillman
    DSC00079.jpg

Adam wasn't home when I stopped by today, so I took photos from outside the vehicle. The Hillman has been happily making its way up and down route 11 recently.
    DSC00073.jpg DSC00071.jpg DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg DSC00072.jpg

IN OTHER ADAM NEWS...
    With the digital camera (thanks again, ragragtimetime) the D-50 with the snow plow...
    DSC00076.jpg DSC00077.jpg

...and the Datsun pick-up Adam does drive and is fixing up.

DSC00078.jpg

Next on LOCAL SIGHTINGS...What the hell is THIS?

DSC00080.jpg

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    It looks like a steam powered hillbilly TARDIS...

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    It looks like a steam powered hillbilly TARDIS...
    DSC00080.jpg

I got a full 5 minutes of laughter from that comment, geezer!

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    This is the original prototype for the microwave. You see that pen out to the left side; that's for the chickens. They grab a chicken from the pen, squeeze out an egg or two, pull it inside, butcher it, deep fry it or BBQ it, plate it and serve it out that side window all in less than 2 minutes. They called it InstaFrickinChicken or IFC. KFC became a subsidiary.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Good-a guess as any, ragragtimetime! There IS a walk-up window on the other side.

Speaking of Adam's world...I finally got the photos back from the developer (2 weeks?!) and the pics I took came out pretty good. The 1959 Peugeot...
    scan0001.jpg

...and the '59 Hillman, which is now on the road.
    scan0002.jpg

As regads the steam-powered hillbilly TARDIS traveling chicken franchise: it's actually quite amazing inside, and I'd like to get you guys some photos and the story. It's obviously an old Dodge pick-up, but the creator (I'm not sure his relation to Adam, but likely father) showed it off to me during one of my visits. Now I want to build one. It's placement, though a joke in our town, is not haphazard by any means. Though it lacks running water, it has everything else, woodstove notwithstanding.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    The owner was not available for history on this 2nd generation D-50, but I'd seen it running around town (Woodstock). It has the sport cluster and what appear to be factory bucket seats. (Couldn't get a better shot of the interior, appologies). It is on a block where little trucks are plentiful, including some very old VW Rabbit pickups.

DSC00112.jpg DSC00113.jpg

DSC00111.jpg DSC00110.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast