Array
    Status
    Henderson NV
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G15

possible ? or not ?

I have a 1986 Dodge D50 2 wheel drive auto trans that runs perfect, I also have a 1986 mighty max Mitsubishi 4x4 standard trans, front end crushed 2 foot in. people say that the trucks consid and all the parts fit, so far, this is true, is there anyway I can take the 4x4 and standard trans off the max and put it in my d50 ?

Array
    Status
    Gerber, CA
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    No. The front frame sections are different. 2wd frames use coil springs, 4wd uses torsion bars. The front outdrive from the t-case has no way to be sealed without a driveshaft there.

However, all things being equal and fabrication involved, you could convert you 2wd chassis to 4wd by using a solid front axle from a Ford F150 (78/79 vintage). There are numerous threads on this topic throughout the Web, look to Pirate and 4x4Wire.

Array
    Status
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    I was going to do a SAS but the front drive shaft has a slip yoke on the transfer case. This is a massive problem with a solid frontt axle. I would love to know if another transfer case would fit likea np205 or np231 but I have not been able to find anything...