Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

1992 Honda Prelude - back on the road again

Well after 2 years and more money than I care to think about, my 1992 Honda Prelude SI is finally back on the road! It was rear ended and totalled off by the insurance co, bought it back and repaired it and got it through PA enhanced inspection. Their rules are that for a reconstructed title, the car has to be showroom new - they almost failed it for the A/C compressor being unplugged! Now I am having fun with it again as my daily driver - H23A1 non vTec 5spd - pics to follow...
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    A repair of that magnitude takes some dedication (and a buttload of cash). Most would've gone for a dead car and retrofitted all the good stuff from the wreck. Pics! Pics, I say!!?!?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that was my original plan - swap the drivetrain into a straight body car, but the car I bought turned out to be 10 times worse that the wreaked one once I got it upon a lift to pull the old drivetrain. Ended up cutting off the parts I needed, took other parts, then sold the rest off for parts to another guy needing a front clip - car had a perfect core support and the guy that bought the thing wrapped the core support on his car around the motor to the firewall. My prelude really only had sheetmetal damage above the trunk floor, and did not even distort the floor or break any glass.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Sometimes you win, sometimes - well... At least you were able to reclaim some of the expense by selling off what you had left over.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    yes - I will have pics of the finished car tomorrow if it quits raining long enough to clean it. I also will post the pics of the damage to show the difference between the before and after.
    Pennyman1