Array
    Status
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Need info on coolant sensors

Hello again....here's the new question, my temp guage has not been working since I bought the truck, a 1986 D-50 G63B....went to O'Reillys to pick up the 2 coolant sensors that thread into the intake manifold at the thermostat housing area...the single prong sensor which to my understanding relays coolant info to the gauge threaded right in no problem....the 2 prong sensor which I understand monitors the coolant temp would not thread in....at about 2 revolutions it stops and begins to distort the threads on the sensor. Went back to O'Reillys and they told me that sensor is the only one for my year truck with the 2.0 motor...so I ordered the sensor for the 2.6 just to see if that is the answer...does any have a suggestion as to why this would happen?...possibly a mid year part change? at this point O'Reillys has no other answer.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    What does rockauto.com show
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Camoit...thanks for the response....RockAuto shows the 2 pronged temprature sending unit...the mfg. is four seasons the info says the part fits D 50/MM years 85-93...the part from O'Reillys is from import direct, I have no way of knowing how or where to cross reference the part numbers...but I will go deeper into RockAuto's site tonight to see what I can find...thanks again

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Fighting the same battle today. Computer throws the "21" Coolant Temp Sensor, the replacement part will be hear tomorrow.

Array
    Status
    CA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by MIHIFISI View Post
    Fighting the same battle today. Computer throws the "21" Coolant Temp Sensor, the replacement part will be hear tomorrow.
    I've been looking everywhere for a sensor to get rid of the code 21, may I ask what sensor you used?

thanks!