Array
    Status
    mesa AZ
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

new guy with an 88 d50

hello my name is nick and i just picked up an 88 d50 this past saturday. truck has 250xxx miles but the motor suposedly has 30k

the guy i bought it from says he had it since 89 and did all the major work to it in 02 including paint, lowered it, redid the interior, and rebuilt the motor and added electric fans but did one hell of a hackjob. recently had the ball joints and tie rods replaced along with a new clutch which i feel needs to be adjusted as it doesnt engage until the pedal is probably 75-80% out. also, the starter went out already, or at least im hoping thats all it is but will find out this weekend.

plan is to use it as a commuter for the time being but do some simple mods to make it a lil more fun and more my style along with savin miles/wear on my 97 cummins.

heres a few pics

d501.jpgd502.jpgd503.jpgd504.jpgd505.jpgd506.jpg

look forward to learnin more about this lil truck through the forum and havin some fun along the way

thanks

nick

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi wheelsaz80, welcome to the mightyram! If it's a trick clutch it might be engaging correctly (I've installed an 'extreme sports' clutch kit on one of my cars and it is pretty snappy) And it is always fun undoing someone elses' handiwork - you'll never know what you'll find... You D-50 looks pretty neat on the outside. Hope your starter motor issue is an easy fix.

Array
    Status
    mesa AZ
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    thanks for the welcome, ive learned alot already just browsin around here today.

the previous owner did say he put a "performance" clutch in it, but had no receipt or name of said clutch. oh well, if its how they normally are i wont stress it.

i wish i would have taken pics of the hack job the guy made of the fan wiring before i ripped it all out last night. can you say FIRE HAZARD?!

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Luv the wheels!

Array
    Status
    mesa AZ
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    thanks ive always liked them too. replaced the starter after towin er home and its back on the road, also rewired the fan relays and added toggle switches, one per fan, so the fans dont draw current while starting