Hi All!
I have recently acquired a 1990 Mighty Max regular cab 2wd with the manual tranny.

It has a recent repsray in the original blue color. The truck is probably an 8/10 overall but has some weird
electrical features from the previous owner. There is a 240v outlet in the bed which runs to a box mounted on the firewall with the label "suppresed diode". Is this some sort of inverter?

There is a loose metal eye like the kind you put on the battery post, it runs up from the starter and is hanging next to the battery? what is this?

The previous owner must have added A/C to the truck becuase he wired in a toggle switch to manually activate the compressor. there is a second toggle switch in the cab but i have no idea what it does.

Mechanically the truck is in pretty good shape with good pain, no rust and nothing broken. It leaks alot of oil from around the valve cover, it runs a little hot even though it is full of coolant. The clutch has a very high bite point.

The most interesting issue is that the engine runs like crap at idle, reving up a nd down so low that the motor shakes and almost stalls. If you unplug the MAF, it runs 90% better. Is my MAF bad? i pulled it and it looks like new, not even dirty.

Glad to be here, thanks in advance for all your help. Pictures to follow.