Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sooo Who Has a G63B and wants to get pissed and jealous about what i just got........

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Niiiice. Won't be long now before it's doing it's funky thing. I'll be curious in to how you're going to dial in the cam once it's all back together. And have you done any port work on it?

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    ohhh yeah it's got a fully ported head and will be getting a 3-angle valve job and new guides when it goes back to the machinists. i still have to send the cam out to Schneider to have them regrind it, but i wanna make sure i've got my whole set up down and all the specs to send to them so they can factor it all in. hell just last week i decided to pull the trigger on a rear-end and will be trading my 3.90's for 4.22's and that's all info that they will need to know for the regrind.

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    UPDATE!!

Got my spacers/adapters in today!! these are just quick set up pics because i was so excited lol. got quite a bit of porting to do thou!!

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Looks bitchin. Dual carbs and a hot cam are going to sound so nice.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Have you considered ditching the distributor and going with Ford EDIS?

There's a syncro to open both throats of the 32/36 simultaneously instead of progressively if you think 38/38 will be too much fuel.

Where did you find that header?

Man, that engine is going to pop with the valve cover and dual carbs.

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    well the plan is just to keep it simple at first and see how it goes, i'll have my stock distributor re-curved to match the cam grind i decide to go with and see how that feels. and as for the carbs i know about the syncro linkage set up but i think having all four open at once will just drown the motor and kill the throttle response. so we'll start out with the stock set up and got from there.

i'm really stepping out into unknown territory with this whole motor set up so i don't really know what to expect. but i'm sure it will be fun and nasty!! i'm in the middle of porting the intake manifold right now. just got the middle "bridge" cut out in the last pic. it looks small when looking strait down on it but it does about a inch deep. a real BITCH to cut through, but just take you time. i'mm post some step by step pics then i'm finished

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Its true..... Im getting a lil jealous Hope it goes smoothly for ya man

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    LOL Thanks man!! i hoping to have something truly unique when i'm done!

the starting or the porting (everything has to go to where you see no more black line, make sense?)

and the progress so far. this is 2 dremel cutting wheels and 3 60-grit sanding drum rolls later. and still ALOT TO GO

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Nearly there (only one more to go!) That last bit is the slowest part to level out. What did you use to block the coolant gallery under the carby base - an epoxy of some sort?

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    yes it's a 2 part epoxy called JB Weld. filled both the coolant passages and the EGR passage even though it's blocked off just in case to prevent condensation build up and freezing in the winter.

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Progress so far as of today. had the day off from work so i tried to knock as much out as i could. still working my way out to that black line...

it's getting close, but still has soooo far to go!!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Looking good. If you do decide to ditch the stock dizzy and try EDIS then powerram something has a build thread on here that has a bunch of info on converting to edis, although he had a 2.6.

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    hmmm (scratches chin) you have peaked my interest. i must do more homework now

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    ok so i looked into the EDIS and while it can be a nice set up it's just to much computers for where i'm wanting to go with this build. i was actually super excited to do a carb set up with no emissions or ECU's

took some mock up pictures with the spacers on the intake on the motor that's in the truck right now (not going to be used)

and this last one is to show the distance from the spacers to the hood scoop hole in the hood (i still need to trim the excess bolts, i know i know) but this is where i need some help, anyone wanna measure their weber from the base to the top of the air filter and let me know what you get? i just don't wanna run out of room

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12