its finally in!

Array
    Status
    Cali
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    great job dude. cb7 looks soo much better w/ an h-engine in it. lol almost as if that was supposed to be in there from factory as opposed to the f-series. btw, looks like a tight squeeze around the rear cam and left strut tower area or maybe just the angle of the pic. and how's the fit behind/under the intake manifold? did u use stock charcoal canister on firewall for all the egr shit or did u get everything from the h22?

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Pretty much everything on the driver side is tight as hell. Firewall clearance is about the same as before. I dumped all the emissions stuff as we don't have any sort of inspection or testing here in ga. All I have left now is to put the axles in (working on that as I type this) solder the vtec wiring and put fluids in her. If all goes well we should be starting it next weekend. Then ill just have to take it somewhere and have them weld up the exhaust.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

It lives! And it's street legal again. Got it tagged and insured about a week ago and have put 200 miles on it since then.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The 200 year old oak tree in my front yard fell on the car. The body is totalled. Most of the suspension on the driver side rear is also done for I think, but the wheel doesnt look to bad. Insurance wont cover it some I'm not sure what to do now. I guess ill find another one and swap all my stuff over. I have some videos and stuff to post from the last times I got to drive it. I'll post those up in a bit but for now heres some pics.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    is that the new "Slammed" and "cambered" look all the kids are going after these days ??

That really sucks to have it happen, hope you find another car to put all your stuff into cheap.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    some people pay money for that look!

Here's some videos.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Are you sh*tting me? After all that work it ends up getting turned into a skate board... makes you wonder if there was any point in getting it insured when the insurance companies make their policies out of loopholes. Sorry to see your car ending up in such a sad state.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    thanks. We were hoping we could get the homeowners insurance to pay for it but they wont cover any auto's. Just gonna have to try and find a shell to swap all my stuff over into. Really not looking forward to doing all that work again, especially the wire tuck.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    It don't look that bad. Looked like you drove it to where it's parked at now. Just force things back into a somewhat close alignment and drive it till it blows. Might as well have some fun with it before goes away. Sure does suck.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I don't even care for hondas and the such. BUT I FRACKING LOVED YOUR ACCORD NOOOOOO WHYYYYYY fuckin ficus

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Decided to stop in today and check out some of you guys trucks. Figured I could update this a little bit as well. I decided to part out the car, and actually sold my complete h22 engine and transmission to a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago.

As a replacement for my car, I bought this

Much cheaper, MUCH faster, and way more fun than anything with doors.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Nice Honda, what model is it? I love street bikes(well anything two wheels in general) but I don't know if I'd ever buy one for my self. I like going too fast(very easy to do on a street bike lol) and people don't pay attention well enough while driving for me to get one. Would definitely save me a TON on gas to and from work though.

Got any plans for it?

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    It's a cbr 600 f4i. I couldn't believe how cheap everything is basics wise! $12 to fill it with gas, $20 a year for the tag and somewhere around $11.90 a month for insurance hahaha. It is way to easy to go stupid fast on it, I have to practice a lot of self control hahaha. This is the first thing on two wheels I've ever ridden except bmx bikes. I've had it about two weeks now and I'm still getting used to it.

It has a couple mods already but nothing crazy. Led tail with integrated turn signals, flush mount front signals, and pig spotter mirrors. I replaced those with factory mirrors though because I couldn't see anything but my elbows. I won't do a whole lot to it myself. I'd like to get the split seat and paint the whole bike that same red, that's mostly it. I like to spend as little as possible on it.

Array
    Status
    Montrose, CO
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Cheaper until you realize the odometer rises a lot quicker than a cars does and tires are tied with fuel for the biggest expense, they aren't cheap and wear fast. The fun is worth it though, bikes rock, sold my last motorcycle last month and bought a bicycle to replace it. but motorcycle ADD kicked in and I wound up committing to buy the bike that got me started with motorcycles, a '95 kawi ZX11E project bike that I'm not going to get around to for a while.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Hah! I do need a new rear tire too hahaha. I priced them out though they're alright. I always bought good tires for my car so I'm used to paying $100-$175 per tire, makes it a lot better only having to buy two tires vs four though. I've seen people say to compare bike miles to car mileage you need to multiply the bikes miles time 10. I don't know how true that is, but I do know bike stuff wears a lot faster than car stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345