Array
    Status
    Stanwood, Wa.
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

2nd Gen Windshield Replacement

I am looking at possibly buying a 94 MM Sport. One of the issues with it is that the windshield is cracked. It looks like a glue in windshield and I have always been told to not try to do it myself, but to let a pro do it. I know where I can source a good one at a Pick 'n Pull, so, in the interest of trying to save a few bucks, would like to know if it's something I should consider trying to do. Anyone know how to pull and install one of these? Special tools needed? Thanks...

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    I picked up a new tinted windshield for my 88 for $100 not worth messing with a junk yard. I broke a cracked one out of a cab I'm gonna scrap and it still has a lot of glass glued to the outline don't think you will get one to easy if at all!

Array
    Status
    Stanwood, Wa.
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks Law Dog --

I just watched a "how to" video on removing a glue in. They were TV type "pros" removing a glue in for the first time. They showed them struggling to get the blade under the glass and to pull it just down one side, two of them lifting, prying, using a heat gun -- then voila, cut to an unknown time later and it was out. Looks like too much work to me. Good advice. Thanks.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    They are more water tight then a frogs butt! I'm just glad replacements are till out there.