Array
    Status
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B

Hey everybody!

Hey, what's up guys? My name is DJ and I live in Washington State. I was given a 1980 Dodge D50 Sport by my father-in-law and at first had no interest in it (considering that ment I was no longer driving the '07 Ford Fusion my woman now drives), but after looking it over and talking to a couple of creative buddies, I decided I was going to turn it into a project truck.

I stumbled across this site while looking for different sites in which I could buy actual replacement parts (which I'm finding are far and few between). So far I'm extremely pleased at the number of people that are on the site and customizing similar if not the same truck. I had no idea that this truck was so popular. Anyway, just glad to be apart of the forum.

Array
    Status
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    welcome! the people here should be able to help you with anything you need.

Array
    Status
    Lynnwood, Washington
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Thank you Ethan! I will definitely post any questions along the way. And if anybody has any detailing questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Dittos to the comment from E. That is what my project started out looking like. Just mine was only a clean body. Bad engine. When it's done it will have some hint of it's past.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have a !980 D-50 named Geronimo that started out as the sport model you have, only the black with the 4 color graphics that are in the original sales brochure. I have owned mine since new and it is highly modified from stock, although if you don't know these trucks, you would not pick up on a lot of the changes. If you have questions about your truck, I will do my best to answer them. BTW, I just came across a person here in the 'burgh that has the identical truck to your's - its in great shape and all original except wheels and tires.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    welcome, these trucks are tough when it comes to finding parts but they are great other than that...good luck, hope we can be of assistance...