Thread: Anyone done a Double DIN head unit in a Gen 2?

Array
    Status
    Atlanta GA
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

Anyone done a Double DIN head unit in a Gen 2?

I currently have an aftermarket single DIN sized head unit installed in my 91 Ram50, with the Metra install kit that puts the storage pocket underneath. It LOOKS like a double DIN would fit, but I can't find anyone that lists it as fitting, and no one offers an install kit that I can find. I'm not above fabricating something if needed, but I'm hoping someone has ventured there before me, and I can learn from their mistakes.

Anyone??

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Ive got a double din tv in mine. Just had to cut the center piece out inbetween the radio and the storage bin. then made some L brackets to mount it up.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Yup, as said our bezel is a double din technically, just need to chop out the center bar between the two slots.

Array
    Status
    Atlanta GA
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    cool, thanks for the posts. I'll be doing this in a few weeks. I'll post up some pics when done

Array
    Status
    Regina Saskatchewan
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by leftfield6 View Post
    I currently have an aftermarket single DIN sized head unit installed in my 91 Ram50, with the Metra install kit that puts the storage pocket underneath. It LOOKS like a double DIN would fit, but I can't find anyone that lists it as fitting, and no one offers an install kit that I can find. I'm not above fabricating something if needed, but I'm hoping someone has ventured there before me, and I can learn from their mistakes.

Anyone??

Did you ever find a Double DIN kit? I have a 90 Ram 50 and I want to put in a double DIN apple Carplay stereo